- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
RFT Technical Architect - 90231069
Posting Range:4 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: RFT Technical Architect
As the Risk Technical Architect, you will be working across the Risk domain supporting the CIOs & CIO Architects develop data architecture designs and ensure these comply with all relevant standards, principles and policies. This role is part of a wider team supporting the Risk, Finance and Treasury domains with responsibilities for design, design governance and cloud adoption.
What will you be doing?
• Develop technical designs which communicate system requirements to software development teams
• Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods with a commercial mindset
• Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review), provide guidance to team members and ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
• Work with architects from designated parts of Risk, Finance and Treasury to analyse and identify technical solutions to the architectural challenges specific to their areas.
• Ensure that the technical design is consistent with our wider RFT target architecture, our Data Strategy, and our Technology Strategy
• Develop strong and collaborative relationships with architects and CIOs from designated parts of Risk, Finance and Treasury to influence their thinking towards greater alignment with the wider RFT strategy
• Develop a greater understanding of our architecture strategy across the wider business and technology teams, encouraging people to find creative opportunities for advancing it
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Scientific discipline or equivalent
• Proven experience creating technical designs for the Risk domain and presenting these
• Excellent communication skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of Retail Banking, Investment Banking/ Capital Markets, Risk & Treasury Functions
• Passion for continuing to develop code
• Strong understanding on CICD principles and how these can be supported through cloud
• Experience with data science products
Where will you be working?
You’ll be working at our flagship Technology Campus at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. Set in the beautiful grounds of Radbroke Hall itself, out Technology Center is the home for Banking innovation. We employ a unique friendly culture, relaxed work environment and a suite of onsite benefits.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.