- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Application Opening Date: 07 November 2018
Application Closing Date: 04 December 2018
Level: Executive Director
Are you passionate about developing significant, high quality software solutions in a dynamic environment? We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic professional to join our team as a full stack developer to build out a broad set of user facing and data processing applications.
Our team of engineers build solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Risk and Control Technology designs and builds solutions for users across the firm, including senior supervisors, to allow the firm to manage multiple aspects of non-financial risk in areas such as Technology, Compliance and Operations.HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
The team delivers solutions that have intuitive user interfaces, structured workflows to help users with their business processes and integration with applications across the firm to measure and mitigate risks. Solutions also include highly configurable applications which can be used across several business units to address a variety of use cases. Technologies we use include React, Java 8, Sprint, Elastic and in-house solutions for data modelling and ORM.
- Be part of an agile team developing test-driven Java software.
- You will partner globally across multiple divisions and engineering teams to create solutions
- You will be able to innovate and incubate new ideas
- You will learn and share knowledge across the organisation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s level, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline required
- Significant professional experience as a Java developer/engineer required
- Experience of software development lifecycle required
- Strong architecture design experience of complex software systems required
- Test-driven experience including enforcing auto testing, regression testing required
- Experience with Spring, REST/RESTful services, micro-services required
- Familiarity with databases, algorithms, data/programme structures, shell scripting, JUnit required
- Experience of preparing pre-release, development and user guide documentation and reporting required
- Demonstrable involvement with process improvement/automation initiatives required
- Application development experience required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to partner with stakeholders, perform requirement analysis and to define solutions required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Must have keen interest and willingness to develop knowledge of finance industryThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About the company
Goldman Sachs brings people, capital and ideas together to help our clients and the communities we serve. Learn more about our firm.
We provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Learn more about our businesses.