- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Risk - EMEA CRO - Regulatory Risk Manager - VP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19036162
The role is supporting the UK/Citigroup Global Markets Limited (CGML) Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and team in the regulatory risk management of the CGML legal vehicle and supporting the EMEA CRO's Office in delivery of strategic and regulatory projects.
This role reports into a Director in the regional EMEA CRO's Office who reports into the UK CRO. The UK CRO is the Chief Risk Officer for Citigroup Global Markets Limited (CGML) and CBNA London Branch CRO. The UK CRO's team is responsible for managing all regulatory requirements relating to CGML (Citi's major broker-dealer entity). Additionally, as this role resides in the wider EMEA CRO's Office, the role will also involve supporting a variety of UK and EMEA strategic initiatives and elements of day-to-day risk management for other UK vehicles.
Responsibilities will primarily consist of supporting the UK/CGML CRO's Office in a number of areas:
- Supporting the overall risk management of CGML and in particular supporting the regulatory, Risk Committee and Board deliverables related to the legal entity;
- Instrumental in coordinating input and delivery of key UK regulatory initiatives including: CGML's Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP); CGML's Solvent Wind Down exercise; Recovery and Resolution planning; CRDIV regulations analysis, requirements and self-assessments; risk management input into CGML's financials and Pillar 3 disclosures;
- Assisting with the management of information, dialogue and relationship with regulators;
- Responsibility for presentations and documentation relating to regulatory or strategic deliverables;
- Assisting with preparation, integrity and analysis of monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc legal entity/risk management reports;
- Undertaking project work in relation to enhancing or updating risk management frameworks;
- Assisting the UK CRO's Office in regulatory risk management projects relating to other legal entities, including Citibank NA London Branch, and CEP London branch.
This role will provide unique visibility, be cross-functional in nature and provide exposure to different businesses, products and risk types. The position involves a significant amount of interaction with Citi's senior management and subject matter experts and direct involvement in some of the most critical strategic projects for Citi in the UK. The candidate will gain a strong understanding of market, credit, operational and liquidity risk and how senior management manages those risks across the legal entities and the region.
- Working knowledge of the principles of market risk, counterparty credit risk, and / or balance sheet / liquidity.
- An understanding of Citi's business model and/or that of other financial institutions.
- Previous experience in a regulatory relevant role is preferred.
- Highly numerate, with strong quantitative and spreadsheet skills, with the ability to analyse, interpret and present data in a readily digestible format using the latest charting/diagrammatic presentation techniques.
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate into "user-friendly" language, and effectively present in long-form documents or slide format.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and analyse large amounts of information;
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills, with an ability to build a strong internal network across functions and within risk management;
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to "roll up sleeves"; tireless work ethic.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet the above criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
The candidate should demonstrate an appreciation of a diverse workforce, should appreciate differences in style or perspective and use differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This job description does not constitute an offer of employment. Any offer and subsequent employment may be subject to certain terms and conditions, including a number of screening conditions such as a satisfactory criminal records bureau check.
- ms project