- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Castle Donington
Road Operations Yard Supervisor
Department: EMA Sort OperationsGrade: N
Hours: Monday to Friday 11.00-19.30 DHL is the most international company in the world with a global network in over 220 countries and territories across the globe and a workforce exceeding 500,000 employees serving 2.8 million customers worldwide.
DHL Aviation manage Hub & Gateway operations and customs clearance and provides a comprehensive airport-to-airport service to DHL International. In addition, DHL Aviation makes available the services of its network to a wide range of logistics service providers. By ensuring that the aircraft is fully used, DHL Aviation is able to create an expanding Network of routes able to meet its customers changing requirements. From Track&Trace right through to proof of delivery (POD), every shipment receives the same high level of secure management.
- Ensure the completion of trailers before entering the network to other DHL Hubs/service centres.
- Maintain contact with external partners.
- Cascade network changes effecting Road Operations
- Enable frequent contact with Operations Manager, Ramp, NCG, Sort, ACS, Service Quality, QCC.
- Have an awareness of reporting and statistics regarding the Road Operation in and out of EMA Hub and support the Road Operations Manager to make improvements.
- Drive and share best demonstrated practices in conjunction with the Road Operations Manager.
- Manage onsite Linehaul 3rd Party Contractors.
- Contribute to planning with internal departments and colleagues including Facilities/Maintenance.
· Ensure that trucks and material are handled in accordance with legislative and company.
- Take action in response to Yard related operational problems to recover potentially harmful situations.
- Review Yard processes to identify improvements in efficiency or effectiveness.
- Monitor patterns of activity/performance to identify areas of concern to ensure that action is taken.
- Ensure that all updates of procedures are communicated to all relevant staff.
· Liaise with the various departments that make up EMA HUB facility to ensure a smooth operation.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with various outside agencies to ensure that DHL’s operational activities are not compromised.
- Monitor the European network and assist/react to any changes that affect EMA HUB and ensure the information is cascaded along the correct channels.
- Liase with network planning group about routing changes.
- Monitor all UK & IE road issues i.e. accidents, closures etc. offer assistance when required.
- Ensure reporting is carried out detailing issues encountered, Capacity, Connectivity.
· Making Customer More Successful, Shaping Direction, Driving High Performance, Developing Others and Developing Self.
· Proven record in a coordination role and road operations environment
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across cultures.
· Ability to work as part of a team and remain motivated.
· Initiative and drive to promote and progress change in the organisation. Willingness to challenge the status quo.
· Ability to build sustainable, successful business relationships with customers
Note: If you have been unsuccessful for this role in the past six months, your application will not be considered.
Internal applicants: Applications should consist of an internal application form (for roles grade L and above please also include a copy of your CV) and be sent via email from your manager/supervisor to the DHLCareers@dhl.com email address.
To apply for an internal vacancy you must notify your supervisor. Please note if you have recently changed job role, you must have been in the role for at least 6 months before you can apply for another internal vacancy.
External/agency applicants: If this role interests you, please click to apply now and submit your CV, alternatively send your CV to email@example.com. You must evidence your full 5 year employment/education history on your application as this would be required for our pre-employment checks.
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019
Interviews will be arranged w/c 3rd June 2019
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.