- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Posting Date May 10, 2019
Job Number 19001EMN
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Park Tower Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, 101 Knightsbridge, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
Job Description Rooms Controller:
- My daily responsibilities include completing specific checklists; which include running reports and preparing for the upcoming day's arrivals.
- Blocking upcoming reservations into rooms, balancing room categories, blocking upcoming arrivals behind departures to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Prepare for upcoming groups arriving by reviewing group resumes and accommodating any specific billing and/or reservation requests.
- Answering phone calls, assist guests and upcoming guests, listen to guest inconveniences and/or complaints.
- Work with other departments on a regular basis to ensure the day's operations run smoothly.
Assign room according to guest request and preferences whenever possible. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets. Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
Review/Track/Accommodate requests for room/check-out changes when possible; communicate status to appropriate staff. Confirm reservations and cancellations. Review out-of-order rooms daily. Ensure rates match market codes and document exceptions. Verify and adjust billing for guests. File guest paperwork or documentation. Set up/process all guest check-ins/check-outs. Activate room keys. Secure valid payment. Identify any over-commitments. Perform duplicate reservation checks; block rooms. Run daily reports. Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Coordinate tasks and work with other departments. Serve as a departmental role model.
- Review arrival plan of the coming business day and ensure profiles are updated correctly and merged accordingly.
- Identify all Bonvoy Elite Members, VIP arrivals and SNA bookings and handle pre-arrival correspondence.
- Update all respective reservations with the collected information (ETA, Preferences, etc).
- Pre-assign room allocations in correspondence with the collected data on the reservation – input traces, alerts, comments.
Mobile Check In/Check-Out:
- Monitor mobile check-in panel on an hourly basis and action accordingly.
- Update and prepare all mobile check-in reservation accordingly and notify FO team.
- Ensure reservations are prepared – routings set, cashier comments placed and authorization taken.
- Monitor panel and action – all mobile check-outs
- OOS and OOO liaise with Maintenance and HSK to ensure OOS & OOO status is communicated and updated accordingly.
- Prepare show rounds – blocking rooms OOS and have respective room keys cut – coordinate with HSK, Sales and Maintenance.
- Traces – run trace report for the business day and action and resolve open traces.
- Credit Risk – run credit risk per shift and highlight all in-house guest in risk – take action accordingly and collect payment.
- Open Folio and PMs – review PMs and Open Folios on daily basis – keep track and ensure all Open Folios are cleared on a daily basis.
- Room Assignment – handle room assignment throughout the day and coordinate with the respective departments (HSK, GRM, FB, etc)
- PMS Opera and MARSHA balancing – once per shift ensure house is balanced and in case difference occur process corrective measures.
- Clear Q/45 on a daily basis – ensure prepayments are taken correctly and in case of non-compliant reservations contact guest or agency.
- Review discrepancies within MARSHA and Opera and correct accordingly.
- Highlight any challenges in regards to overbooking levels to RM, AMFD, Reservations and Revenue Manager.
- Review all Customer Care Cases on an hourly basis– distribute and action accordingly – case to be closed within 48 hrs.
- Action all SNA cases are actioned and close once the respective reservations are updated.
- Monitor GSS Dashboard and Response Table – reply to all comments/ratings and alerts – close alerts within 24 hrs.
- Prepare weekly GSS meetings – including investigations of the scores/ remarks received.
- Reiterate potential short-comings to the respective teams and ensure corrective measures are put in place.
- Ensure FO par levels are updated and place orders in case collateral or supplies are required.
- Review and update stock par records on a weekly basis to ensure collateral and supplies are correctly stocked.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.