- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £8.00 - £9.00 gross per hour
Sales Advisor – Abingdon
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
40 hours Monday to Saturday
Salary: £18,639 per annum plus pension and benefits
We have an opportunity for a Full Time Sales Advisor to join our team on a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract, to provide exceptional service to our customers in store. You will play a vital part in helping us serve customers and keeping the branch running smoothly - experience with our products isn't necessary, if you bring great customer service and team working skills to the table, we'll give you everything you need to succeed.
Our Decorator Centre in Abingdon has been a preferred supplier of paints, wallpapers and decorating materials and tools to tradespeople and homeowners for nearly 20 years. In late 2015 we moved from our old Radley Road building to a new, larger showroom on Eyston Way. We sell a large selection of designer and quality paints for all purposes, wall coverings, decorating sundries and equipment.
Brewers is a family run business, with over 110 years’ history in our industry. We are the first choice for the professional Decorator, with over 170 branches nationwide. We enjoy a growing base of retail and trade customers who value our quality products, advice and excellent service.
As the newest member of our team:
- Provide exceptional service to customers in branch, to deliver upon our reputation for quality Brewers service
- Use product knowledge to provide recommendations and help customers find the best product for their needs
- Mix paint for Customers, process specialist orders, and request special stock within the Branch network
- Build relationships with customers to fully identify their needs and allow us to provide a comprehensive service
- Promote seasonal and special items, including merchandising goods in-store to increase visibility and sales
- Unload deliveries and ensure stock is distributed throughout the store
- Keep our Warehouse organised and safe, in line with company standards
Who we are looking for to join our new team:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, to understand and translate customer requirements into product recommendations
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality - happy to help both customers and colleagues
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can be relied upon to work as an individual at all times
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- A Full Driving license would be beneficial but not essential
- Product knowledge, previous retail experience or experience in a decorator’s merchant would be advantageous but not essential, as full training will be given to the right candidate
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Profit share scheme after qualifying period
- Staff discounts
- Staff uniform
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note – we have a specified timescale within which to appoint and train. This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the job expiry date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.