- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sales & Marketing Executive
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are looking for a positive, creative and driven Sales & Marketing Executive to join our Higher Education Team. This is a broad role that requires an individual comfortable with speaking directly to teachers and lecturers with some experience of delivering (or assisting in the delivery) of marketing campaigns.
- Supports sales and marketing activity across the Pearson English portfolio that contributes to new customer acquisition across a range of textbooks, digital courseware and assessment products.
- Manages customer leads from the point of generation from marketing activity through to customer nurture, needs analysis and solutioning, tracking all activity within Salesforce.
- Research and prospect for new customers in relevant departments via web and telephone research
- Be able to question, match and demonstrate product solutions via webinar platform with impact, after full training given.
- Participate in the planning and execution of campaigns to educators and agents to raise awareness of courseware and assessment services.
- Develop sector knowledge through customer interactions on the telephone, occasional attendance at events and customer visits.
- Develop a good working knowledge of campaign management to enable the execution of successful campaigns, utilising web, social, print, email and sector influencers.
- From time to time, engage in special projects and tasks that go beyond the remit of the role
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience in:
- Working within a customer-focused environment employing strong customer service and support skills
- Confidently initiating conversation with new people on the phone and in person, to engage them in conversation and show appropriate curiosity about their professional environment.
- Assessing customer circumstances in order to be able to offer empathy and support, even when the solution is not immediately clear.
- Effective written and spoken communication
- Being a team player, to contribute towards the achievement of shared goals, including sharing successes and pitfalls to enable others to learn from experience.
- Effective use of a CRM system
- A pro-active hands-on approach with strong organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work effectively
- Results driven with the energy and resilience to make things happen
- Commercial mind set
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park Hockham Way Kao Two Harlow CM17 9SR
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1915056
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- customer service