- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sales Executive - Jewson Builders' Merchants - Edinburgh, Midlothian (Field-Based)
Jewson are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2016-2019)
As the UK's leading supplier of building materials and sustainable timber, we here at Jewson always aim to provide a friendly and knowledgeable customer service, whether you're from a retail or trade background. So if you have the drive and motivation to influence a team, then we may have the opportunity for you!
Are you a confident negotiator that enjoys communicating at all levels? Our Jewson Sales team are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Sales Executive who prides themselves on delivering first class service and who can really make difference.
N.B. This is a field-based role covering Edinburgh and the surrounding area. As such, a full and valid UK driving license is an essential requirement.
As a Sales Executive with Jewson, you will:
- Build productive and profitable relationships with your customers in the area by visiting building sites.
- Ensure existing customers have all the right products at the right time.
- Identify potential customers to sell our services to and forge new relationships.
- Manage customer portfolios to ensure budgets/targets are achieved and to maximise all sales opportunities for Jewson.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers.
So if you…
- Have fantastic customer service experience and know what great service looks, sounds and feels like, as that's really important to us.
- Can ideally demonstrate an understanding of the construction / building materials industry - desirable.
- Are articulate, numerate, well presented and able to negotiate at all levels, from site manager to senior buyer.
- Are a self-starter who requires the minimum of supervision, has a persuasive manner and who thrives on a challenge.
- Have a full UK driving licence (essential as the role requires regular travel).
…we may just be the right fit for each other! Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- A company car, laptop and mobile.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee with Jewson, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits!
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
Saint-Gobain encourage and welcome diverse applications AND ARE COMMITTED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- customer service