- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About the Energy Utilities & Chemicals (EUC) Market Unit at Capgemini
Capgemini is a market leading provider of digital transformation services to the E&U sector across the world. In the UK we are growing this sector at a significant rate across Energy distribution and retail, Nuclear, Water and Oil Gas and Chemicals. The services we provide help our clients deliver efficient, effective critical services to the UK public & private sectors.
The focus of your role
This role will be responsible for driving sales of Capgemini Solutions across a range of industry subsectors including energy distribution and retail, nuclear, water and oil gas and chemical sectors. This role will promote Capgemini in the market and will build relationships with clients and IT Services Eco-system partners promoting the Capgemini brand and broader Capgemini offers.
New Business Sales roles are quota bearing and sales forms the primary performance objective. Your role will have an emphasis on new logo acquisition and demand generation (including cold calling where necessary).
What you'll do
Working closely with Market Unit & Delivery Management teams, you will be responsible for creating and driving your own pipeline, in line with the business unit’s overall business strategy and direction. Originating and nurturing the development of the business, new revenue streams and directing proposition development will be key focus areas. You will be familiar with the various sources of demand – how to identify them, nurture them and be responsible for building an active pipeline of prospective deals.
Your focus will be on mid-sized deals (those in the £5m to £50m range) involving multiple technologies. You will be focused on new client acquisition and driving growth into new name logos and will have the ability to both create and drive opportunities to closure.
You will be an expert in demand generation activities that are relevant to this market segment and will play a lead role in devising strategies to promote Capgemini in these forums with tangible business results.
Individually you will have clear and unambiguous accountability for improving Capgemini’s credibility within target clients in the market. You will both frame and drive business opportunities, leveraging the Applications Delivery teams. This will also involve the shaping and framing of propositions to meet client requirements working alongside MU Leadership, Service Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and Proposal Development teams, responsible for sales closure of the deals following Capgemini processes and achieving the sales targets including revenues and profitability.
What you'll bring
- Recent experience working for a Large Tier-1/2 Global IT or Consulting organisation in Sales or with responsibility for Business Development in the Application Solutions space.
- Hold a network of contacts within relevant commercial organisations including software and hardware vendors, industry analysts and advisors besides prospective clients
- Proven track record of selling in the Private Sector both through formal procurement processes and through informal relationship-based selling.
- Personally, have led and sold +10m GBP TCV Application Solutions Deals to FTSE 350 / Fortune 500 organisations. The client must be willing to provide a reference for your leadership role in the sale.
- Exceptional focus on all aspects of P&L management and reporting at both a pursuit and client level
- Creative and innovative, with gravitas to lead CIO / IT Director / Board level business meetings to position deals and in sales closure.
- Well versed with commercial models, estimation techniques, pricing trends, TUPE regulations, crafting complex MSA & SOW documents.
- Sold AM solutions involving service delivery from Nearshore / Offshore locations outside UK & mutualised teams be able to craft solution including distributed delivery elements, price-to-win and articulating value proposition.
- Ability to innovatively and constructively challenge the status quo to drive forward the business.
- Able to operate with a high degree of independence as well as being part of a team.
- Strong technical experience with hands-on IT Solution / Service Delivery experience during some stage in the career.
- Industry experience (outside of IT / Consulting firms)
- Experience of using Holden sales process
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we're different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground breakin