- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
The main responsibilities of the Specification Sales Manager are:
- To establish and maintain good relationships with Local authorities (Housing / Public Building), Housing associations, M&E contractors, Main contractors & large plumbing and heating contractors, M&E consultants, Regional developers, NHS Trusts & Education authorities and Builders Merchants.
- To understand and to have to hand for all merchant discussions details of sales performance by product versus prior year and to have an appropriate sales development agenda for all discussions which will include the sharing of pipeline opportunities
- To progressively improve product mix and increase contribution levels'
- To contribute to the development of market intelligence and data gathering by sector / competitor
- To manage contract support in line with Company processes and within specified parameters; liaise with the Regional Sales Director and the contracts department where it is necessary to consider providing support beyond those parameters
- To win specifications, to enter and track them through the pipeline to a successful conclusion
- To communicate with the one off team when contracts are to be supplied through 'non contract' branches to ensure that there are no stock shortages
- To break competitor specifications and convert them
- To maintain CRM systems with accurate and relevant data
- To manage contractor customer complaints, returns and credit control queries, using the established business systems, to a satisfactory conclusion in conjunction with the appropriate internal departments
- To present a professional brand image at all times
- To identify and propose ideas to continuously improve our customer experience
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other functional areas e.g. Logistics, Sales, Operations
- Represent the brand by participating in trade events / exhibitions as required The Successful Applicant
What is required in order to secure the Specification Sales Manager role?
- Specification sales experience
- Able to demonstrate a successful sales track record in our specification sectors
- Understands our route to market and the interplay and nuances between customers through the whole of the supply chain
- Advanced selling skills: Understands and is able to defend price with appropriate value proposition's, Negotiation; managing objection; listening; gaining commitment; relationship building; personal branding
- Effective diary and forward task management; able to prioritise opportunities
- Numerate (to be tested)
- Strong communication skills
- Competent presenter
- Personality traits: Confident; flexible; passionate; resilient; Inquisitive; perceptive; high energy and entrepreneurial spirit/
- Technologically savvy - Microsoft office and business systems competent
- Ideally based in the Republic of Ireland For development:
- Technically competent- Detailed knowledge and understanding of heating systems and understands and can calculate heat loss; able to recommend product solutions.