- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £17,680.00 - £18,720.00 gross per year
- Kings Langley
Sawmill Machine Operator - £17680 - £18720 + O/T
My client is aleading packaging specialist in design, manufacture and delivery of plywood & timber cases, removal containers, and specialised pallets, working with businesses across a multitude of industries in the UK.
They are looking for someone to work as a Sawmill Machine Operator, who has knowledge and experience working with timber or plywood materials and previous experience working in a Factory Environment. If you have experience working with a Sawmill Machine it would be an advantage. There is training & career progression within this organised and forward looking company, and you will be working in a modern, clean and tidy environment.
- To machine Plywood/timber accurately using our Stromab up cut & Omga Man x-cut saws, Pinheiro planer/multi-rip saw, utilizing waste whenever appropriate, ensuring quality and accuracy are maintained.
- To assist on the outfeed of the machine ensuring that the cut material is stacked correctly and identified adequately
- To maintain area around principle machines, ensuring they are free from waste timbers/plywood, adhering to lean and 5s techniques.
- To meet production times allowed on jobs when information provided.
- To maintain machinery within your department, reporting faults/safety hazards when necessary, adhering to company policies and procedures.
- To assist with ensuring that the department in run efficiently, which includes; good housekeeping, implementation of company procedures, and adhering to health and safety policies.
Working Hours: 7.30am to 4.15pm
Life cover, pension, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
To apply, please contact Paul Hewitt on: or email:
If you have not heard from us within 7 days then thank you for your application but we will be unable to take it further
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.