- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £22,311.00 - £23,684.00 gross per year
Building Services deliver both housing and non-housing repairs and refurbishment programmes using multi -disciplinary teams of approx. 400 operatives and 50 staff.
The key duties of this post are:
• Undertake work using trade skills in a trade discipline with minimal supervision as directed to ensure successful delivery of Council aims & objectives and customer satisfaction.
• To carry out all work and associated duties according to agreed timescales, to agreed performance output targets and to a high quality standard.
• Observe and comply with Health & Safety guidelines and code of conduct policies. Ensure all relevant health and safety documentation such as risk assessments and the safe system of work for the tasks being undertaken are upheld.
• The ability to follow a works instruction.
• Ensure a high standard of customer care.
• Ensure timeously completion of Building Services documentation.
• Operate and take care of tools and equipment.
• The ability to forward plan through communication by either the craft operative,
• Team Co-ordinator or workload planner.
The skills and experience you must have are:
• You will be a qualified Scaffolder with a Part 2 Scaffolding certification and up to date training card / City & Guilds and be able to demonstrate sound practical technical competencies in delivering high quality of workmanship in all aspects of Scaffolding. You should display experience of working within both commercial and domestic properties within the construction industry.
• You should demonstrate a commitment to the principals of customer care, while displaying excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working to targets and pre-determined timescales along with an awareness of health and safety in the workplace.
• High level of health and safety awareness
• Proactive in identifying ways of improving service provision
• Due to the requirements of this post a full driving license is essential
Employees are entitled to discounts at over 90 local businesses and over 1000 nationwide and to promote the councils commitment to a healthy workforce we offer employees variety of services including physiotherapy etc
- trades and professions