- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Scheme Project Managers Works Delivery work across the full portfolio of Network Rail’s Works Delivery programmes. To be responsible for managing the safe and effective delivery of projects, supporting the Project or Programme Manager to deliver key outputs of programmes in order to meet client requirements to time, cost, quality, and performance.
About the role (External)
1. Accountable for delivery of Works Delivery projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
2. Work closely with Project Managers to lead, inspire, direct and develop specialist teams to deliver successful projects to meet route objectives for internal and external stakeholders.
3. Manage and implement Construction Design Management (CDM) requirements associated with projects to deliver compliance to regulations.
4. Direct multi-disciplinary teams including commercial, programme controls, engineering, and others to identify solutions to client requirements and establish a robust baseline plan to manage and maintain the plans to project completion.
5. Identify and Implement the management of resource planning for current and projected work banks, including identification and management of critical resource requirements.
6. Support the Project Manager in preparing and maintaining definitions of the project requirements across the project lifecycle, as well as updating business cases that justify projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks in collaboration with clients.
7. Manage stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
8. Manage project reviews at appropriate points throughout project lifecycle which inform governance decisions of projects by identifying, monitoring and providing evaluations of progress, performance, risk (threats and opportunities) contingency, and continuing relevance. Plan and implement mitigations to them, responding to other issues that affect the projects and associated programmes.
9. Manage change control in collaboration with clients and contractors by establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and update configuration documents as required, in accordance with NR processes.
10. Support accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- Member of the Association for Project Management or equivalent, holding or working towards chartered status or equivalent
- Successful experience and detailed knowledge of the application of Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
- Demonstrable stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Successful relevant experience including experience of contracting and project delivery
- In depth knowledge and previous experience of project budget management
- Able to demonstrate effective evaluation and decision-making skills
- Successful previous experience of safety management in project delivery
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Understanding of Network Rail accident investigation processes and procedures
- Experience in the Rail Industry Sector (including application of GRIP)
- Knowledge of Network Rail’s Project, Investment, Commercial and Procurement practices
- Experience in risk identification, assessment and mitigation
- Flexible and pro-active approach
- You will be a team player with willingness to learn, challenge and get involved
- Knowledge of Network Rail’s assets and how they are managed
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £39,514 - £44,453
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 16-05-2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
CurrencyGBP Amount of Travel Work At Home