- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £10.00 - £10.81 gross per hour
- South Shields
Are you looking for a challenging but rewarding role? Can you remain calm under pressure? I am looking for a diplomatic, calm yet personable School Receptionist/Secretary to work in an alternative education school in South Tyneside.
This role is an integral part of the support service offered to many vulnerable children and families in the area. If you have experience of working within an educational setting then this could be the role for you.
My client, who are based in a fantastic office location, are looking for a full time Receptionist/Secretary to join the team on an ongoing temporary basis. This is an amazing opportunity to join a school where you really are at the heart of it all. The face of the business and the first person all school visitors will see, this is a role that you can make your own.
Previous experience required - - Admin or reception experience within a school (preferred)
- Admin or reception experience working with vulnerable children within a challenging environment (preferred)
- The ability to discreetly handle sensitive and confidential information
- Excel, Word and Outlook - Essential
- Impeccable spelling and grammar - Essential
- Outstanding telephone manner - Essential
- The ability to remain calm in potentially stressful situations - Essential
This role will cover the hours of Mon - Thurs 8.30am to 4.00pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.00pm. This is a term time only role, you will not be working/paid during the school holidays.
Duties of the role - - Meet and greet school visitors (parents/ teachers/pupils)
- Organise meeting rooms (including refreshments)
- Answer phones and take messages where necessary
- Scanning, filing and archiving (in line with GDPR)
- Inputting data into an online system (CPOMS)
- All other necessary generic admin/reception duties as and when requested
This role will suit a candidate who works well under potentially stressful situations, who can remain calm and level headed at all times.
You will be assessed on Excel, Grammar and Spelling and Data Entry prior to being shortlisted for this position.
A DBS will be carried out prior to the role commencing.
If shortlist you will be contacted within 10 working days. If you have any further questions please call .
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy