- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Borough of Torbay
Position SummaryScience lab technicians work to ensure that all supplies and equipment are available and in working order at scheduled class times. The main objective is to ensure that labs are properly set-up for instructor/student use. This is a regular, part-time position; individuals hired will be expected to work between 16 and 19 hours per week, 12 - 16 weeks per semester (spring or fall), to include regular academic year and max 10 weeks in summer session (end of May through July).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparation of scheduled laboratory exercises
- Prepare and restock simple reagents and solutions required for lab procedures.
- Break-down carts upon completion of labs
- Compile list and occasionally purchase needed supplies
- Assist with monitoring and inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assist with maintenance of living organisms including bacteria (BSL1, BSL2)
- Operating and maintaining standard lab equipment
- Assist with training and supervision of student workers
- Application of safe lab practices.
- Maintain a safe and clean working and learning environment
- Required to complete the lab safety training within 30 days of joining duty
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly-organized individual adept at multitasking and following established protocol.
- Must have good people and communication skills.
- Some experience with science labs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work independently.
Minimum QualificationsHigh School Diploma or GED +2 year related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources Department.
Experience in a post-secondary setting.
- human resources