- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Harrow on the Hill
Job Title: Science Teacher-Chemistry
Salary Scale: £140 - £180
Start Date: January 2020
GSL Education are currently looking for a qualified Science Teacher-Chemistry to join a high achieving secondary school. This will be a temporary position from January 2020 until July.
The role is at a successful 11-19 mixed secondary school located in Harrow. The school is a distinctive, dynamic and diverse school serving the educational needs of young people. The successful candidate will be committed and able to engage students in the subject matter and classroom, delivering consistently good and quality lessons.
This school have a unique way of running their Science department, and purely teach within each teacher’s Science specialism. They are looking for a teacher who is passionate about Chemistry and how it works in today’s world, and this provides a great opportunity for the teacher to develop their passion and love for the subject.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a qualified Science with Chemistry Teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B'ed, BTEC Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
- Demonstrate recent experience as a Chemistry Teacher.
- Be able to teach Chemistry up to KS5.
- Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
- To keep abreast of the relevant GCSE specifications and examination requirements.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all the interested candidates, who feel that they can add value to this school and can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Taryn, as soon as possible
Role: Science Teacher-Chemistry
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Harrow on the Hill, Greater London,
Apply for this job now.