- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
As a Scientist at Illumina, you will drive innovative product development through the application of diverse scientific principles. You will be a technical expert within a multi-disciplinary team working to develop robust products for the Next-generation Sequencing platforms offered by Illumina. You will help to conceptualize, develop and optimize assays and processes to maintain and expand Illumina’s market share in current and emerging markets.
The successful candidate will work within the Research and Technology Development Biochemistry (RTD Biochem) group to innovate in the areas of library prep and sequencing chemistry.on Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Invent and develop new methodologies and workflows utilizing Illumina’s sequencing technologies.
- Design, conduct, analyze, troubleshoot and present experiments to demonstrate feasibility of new methods
- Identify creative solutions to problems and actively participate in improving methods.
- Work very closely with other scientists within the RTD Biochem team.
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams to optimize assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance.
- Take a leadership role on projects and guide technical areas independently.
- Work closely with external collaborators on development projects.
- Analyze large complex datasets.
- Write reports and present results and project assessments to Senior Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Experienced in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation including purification, amplification, labeling, hybridization, etc.
- Excellent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting, and data analysis.
- Proven ability to think innovatively toward solving problems effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, organized, takes initiative, and self-motivated Nice to haves:
- Experience in Illumina Library Prep and Sequencing methodologies
- Experience in analysis of Illumina sequencing data.
- Experience in assay automation
- Experience in commercial product development. All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Either Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or other related scientific discipline plus experience in biological assay development in an academic or industrial laboratory; OR equivalent work experience. Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
- ms project