- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Scientist / Senior Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Permanent, based in London
Are you an immunologist with experience in myeloid biology, macrophages and tumour therapeutics?
Would you like to work for a leading Synthetic Biology / Immuno-Oncology Research Company?
My client is an innovative biotechnology company that applies synthetic biology to the development of novel cancer immunotherapies. They have established patents for recombinant vaccines and solid tumour therapeutics and are continuing to discover and develop the next generation of advanced therapeutics.
Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a highly motivated Scientist / Senior Scientist - Immuno-Oncology to join their expanding lab based Research team. This is a lab-based role and the successful candidate will be designing, developing, running and optimising in vitro immunological assays with emphasis on macrophage polarisation and T cell activation through antigen presentation. Analysis, interpretation and reporting of results will be expected.
You will be expected to stay current with advances in relevant assay technologies and implement new protocols required for product testing. You will be collaborating with all lab members of the team daily; thus, strong team working skills are essential.
- Develop, validate and run immunological assays for product MoA determination and candidate screening, with emphasis on assays involving macrophage polarisation and T cell activation following antigen presentation.
- Work with senior and principal scientists to write or revise protocols, SOPs and risk assessments.
- Assays and techniques include macrophage polarisation, monocyte-derived DC maturation, MLR, ELISpot, flow cytometry, T cell-based assays (activation, cytotoxicity, proliferation etc), host-pathogen interactions, ELISA, isolation of different immune cell populations from PBMCs.
- Maintain a current and accurate lab book and complete any additional documentation in the spirit of GLP standards.
Contribute to the general maintenance of the laboratory and equipment.
- Write full reports of completed experiments in a timely manner.
Essential requirements for the Scientist / Senior Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
- PhD in immunology or related discipline; alternatively, a MSc or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant work experience (preferably in industry). Minimum two years of industry experience required for Senior Scientist.
- Extensive experience in studies of tumour associated macrophages, macrophage polarisation and myeloid biology, with extensive understanding of the myeloid linage (including dendritic cells and MDSC).
- Experience with assays assessing antigen presentation and T cell activation.
- Proficiency in phenotypic characterisation of immune cell subsets using flow cytometry.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills with an ability to work well under pressure and to challenging timelines.
- Strong analytical, critical and creative thinking skills with the ability to interpret complex data.
- A proven ability to plan experiments, work independently and report results effectively.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; fluency in written and oral English.
Desirable skills or experience for the Scientist / Senior Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
- Specific experience in isolating tumour-associated macrophages and other immune cell types from tumours.
- Experience in evaluating immune consequences of host-pathogen interactions and characterisation thereof.
Key Words "ELISpot, ELISA, flow cytometry, cell-based assay, activation, cytotoxicity, proliferation, 3D cell culture and fluorescence microscopy, R&D, PBMC, Synthetic Biology, T-Cell, Macrophage, Myeloid Biology, Immuno-Oncology, PhD, Research Scientist, Immunologist, Cell Biologist, Cellular Immunology"
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing Biotechnology company focused on Synthetic Biology and Immuno-Oncology Research.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706.