- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £16,000.00 - £20,000.00 gross per year
- High Wycombe
Legal Secretary/Clerk/Receptionist - High Wycombe Office
We are a large and very busy solicitors office based in central High Wycombe representing clients in Criminal and Family law proceedings. This position will be in our Criminal Law department. We are looking for somebody with experience in audio typing, preferably in the legal field. The successful candidate will also be responsible for a number of reception duties.
The main duties and requirements are set out below:
- Accurately type solicitor’s dictation as efficiently as possible. A minimum typing speed of 60wmp is essential.
- Open new files on the internal case management system as well as set up the paper file, ensuring all files are put away correctly once dictation has been completed.
- Diary management;
- Make applications for funding to the Legal Aid Agency;
- Manage relevant online portals ensuring all parties have the necessary documentation;
- Photocopy or scan all documentation as required;
- Book appointments, legal visits, prison visits and video link conferences as requested by fee-earners;
- Direct all incoming enquiries (including e-mails and e-faxes) to the correct fee-earner and/or department;
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a timely manner;
- Meet and greet all visitors;
- Process all incoming and outgoing post;
- Processing client payments as and when required.
- Typing speed of 60wmp
- Confident and clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to learn and efficiently use practice and case management software
- Experience of using digital dictation equipment
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with a proactive approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure
- A good team player with the ability to also work well without supervision
Why work for Reeds Solicitors?
We are a forward thinking, dynamic company, who put their clients and employees first. We are a fun and flexible firm with good opportunities for development and career progression. We expect a lot from our employees but in return we offer:
- The ability to earn up to 30 days of holiday with years of service (standard holiday packages start at 21 days plus all bank holidays);
- Ability to purchase a further 5 days of holiday each year;
- Discretionary additional holiday days given at Christmas (up to a maximum or 2 days)
- Flexible working schemes available to all employees;
- Fresh fruit baskets in each office on a weekly basis;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Unlimited access to online based training;
- Employee assistance programme with access to physical, mental and emotional health advice & webinars, wellbeing videos and programmes, online counselling & mini health checks.
Closing date: 23.08.19
We reserve the right to amend the closing date, or withdraw the advert without notice prior to the closing date.
This position is full time (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5pm with an hour for lunch).
- Audio Typing
- Organisational Skills
- Receptionist Duties