- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Application Opening Date: 03 December 2018
Application Closing Date: 30 December 2018
Securities: Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
European Special Situations Group (ESSG) within the Securities Division is looking for an Associate with a demonstrated interest in fundamental/ value investing to join the Private Capital team within ESSG. ESSG is a multi-product investing and financing group within the Securities Division. ESSG focuses primarily on direct lending, special situation and growth equity investment opportunities. PC makes investments across the capital structure in a range of different industries and jurisdictions.HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The role is highly analytical with emphasis on fundamental valuation, financial modelling, analysis of financial accounts, legal documentation and involvement in deal underwriting and dynamics
- The candidate will be expected to play a role in screening new investment ideas across a range of industries and to express investment views
- The candidate will be expected to contribute to the due diligence process on live deals, conducting market research, interacting with advisors and management teams, and helping to prepare investment committee materials
- Working as a sourcing and execution professional; in extending loans to middle market companies in private lending transactions.
- Working across multiple industries in performing diligence and financial modelling coupled with deep value credit analysis.
- Assessing credit quality and appropriate pricing in extending loans as well as versatility in ability to asset manage those loans once they have been extended.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Experience in reviewing investment opportunities, transactions and investment portfolio management required
- Experience in conducting due diligence, project management, building financial models (including DCF, LBO), forecasting/projecting financial performance/results and valuation methods required
- Familiarity with preparation of investment documentation, risk management, sensitivity analysis, company analysis and researching required
- Knowledge of middle market debt and equity investing, acquisitions and dividend recapitalisation, FX required
- Interest and aptitude for evaluating and recommending investments through personal and/or professional investing
- Strong quantitative, financial modelling, technical and problem-solving skills – mastery of Excel is essential
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to present own work internally and to interact with external parties
- Team player with an ability to work in small teamsThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About the company
Goldman Sachs brings people, capital and ideas together to help our clients and the communities we serve. Learn more about our firm.
We provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Learn more about our businesses.