- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
See job description for detailsMORE ABOUT THIS JOB SECURITIES
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS We are a team of desk engineers who work to transform the FICC and Equity Derivatives businesses at Goldman Sachs by automating the key decisions taken every day. Our team has a wide remit covering workflow systems to track our interactions with clients and the market, rich user interfaces for pricing and hedging derivatives, automated booking and record keeping. We focus on designing market leading systems with strong APIs and a service oriented architecture. What we do is critical to the derivatives businesses at Goldman Sachs, is client facing and a significant growth area for the firm.
- Design, implement, test and support distributed systems tracking business workflows for derivatives quoting, hedging and booking
- Build rich user applications using the latest web and server side technologies
- Integrate with external platforms, markets and clients using industry standard protocols such as FIX and REST
- Capture data and analytics, used to improve business decision making and client experience
- Ensure systems can handle high data volumes using established and emerging technologies, techniques and processes.
- Work closely with sales and trading, support our automated pricing and trading systems.
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks,
- Excellent academic record in a relevant technical such as computer science, physics, mathematics or engineering
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented or functional paradigm such as C++, Java or Python.
- At least 2 years' experience.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous technical role working on or with a derivatives trading desk (irrespective of asset class),
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems modelling complex and electronic workflows in finance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.