- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Application Opening Date: 04 April 2019
Application Closing Date: 01 May 2019
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Principal Strategic Investments (PSI) team is a part of the Securities Division. The group makes long term strategic investments in fast growing technology companies that are uniquely positioned to benefit from a deeper business relationship with Goldman Sachs. PSI’s primary investment focus areas are trading technology, market infrastructure, enterprise technology, information services, big data / advanced analytics software and security software. The global team is comprised of 25+ professionals that manage a portfolio of 90+ private equity positions with nine team members based in London. PSI helps to position Goldman Sachs for continued leadership in evolving marketplaces while increasing profitability and operating efficiencies across Goldman Sachs’ businesses.HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assisting deal teams in all aspects of the strategic investment process
- Assisting PSI management in strategic projects and analysis
- Ensuring that PSI transactions are conducted in accordance with PSI and Firm guidelines
- Ongoing valuation, monitoring and maintenance of our portfolio companies
- Producing financial, risk management and other reports responsive to the needs of PSI management
- Producing and tracking PSI revenue and expense budgets and forecasts
- Managing projects to enhance the scalability and efficiency of PSI processes
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships both internally with the GS Federation teams and desk representatives globally, and with portfolio company personnel, key external vendors and other market participants
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor’s level, equivalent or above in Finance, Economics or a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Familiarity within strategic investments domain required
- Genuine interest in financial technology disruption, PSI’s investment portfolio, capital markets and market structure
- Experience of overseeing portfolio operations; investment selection, deal execution and portfolio maintenance processes required
- Experience in end-to-end investment lifecycle management of private equity transactions required
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with business functions, such as legal/compliance/finance etc.
- Experience with valuation processes and assessment of portfolio
- Familiarity with reporting, investment/portfolio performance analytics, accounting, researching and reviewing required
- Knowledge of regulatory/governance landscape and experience with reputational and financial and general risk management required
- Exposure with internal controls design and testing required
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Solid analytical / valuation skills with strategic and creative thinking
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Ability and willingness to work on a diverse set of projects at any given timeThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About the company
Goldman Sachs brings people, capital and ideas together to help our clients and the communities we serve. Learn more about our firm.
We provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Learn more about our businesses.