- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Strategic Equity Solutions business is focused on delivering bespoke solutions around equity positions to a wide range of the firm’s clients including corporations, family offices/ UHNWIs, sovereign wealth funds and hedge funds. The solutions are driven by client objectives which can vary from acquisition to financing and disposal.
Ideal candidates for this role are intellectually curious self-starters who enjoy working with different challenges and developing client solutions in and around strategic situations. The ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with clients and colleagues from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences is crucial. The role would appeal to anyone who is attracted by the idea of working on a trading floor and at the same time, sitting at a dynamic intersection between the Securities Division and the Investment Banking and Investment Management Divisions.
You will join the Strategic Equity Solutions trading desk as a junior structurer. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including the preparation of client pitches, identifying and researching new opportunities/ trends, driving new product innovation, analysing new requests, the development of client solutions/ product structuring and the execution of transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work within a team of equity derivative traders and structurers to assist with the Strategic Equity Solutions business broadly
- Build internal relationships inter-divisionally across Sales, Trading, Research and Structuring and cross-divisionally across Investment Banking and Investment Management
- Work with sales teams across the Securities Division, Investment Banking and Investment Management to develop an understanding of the needs and objectives of clients and in time, build client relationships
- Connect dots between business opportunities, sales teams and clients, leveraging ideas from one set of client types to another
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders and develop a grounding in the legal, tax, accounting and credit aspects of transactions
- Develop technical skillset and product expertise
- Operate within an environment committed to excellence and delivering the highest standards SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Excellent people and communication skills. Experience in a client-facing / team environment and the ability to build relationships is essential
- Strong analytical ability and willingness to learn across a diverse range of topics
- Highly motivated with a proactive approach to solving problems and identifying opportunities
- Good mathematical background
- Investment Banking experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Power Point and Excel
- Keen interest in individual companies and macroeconomics more broadly ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.