- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Security Staff required to work within a retail environment based at Trinity Leeds. As a Security Officer, you will be required to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday between 10am and 9pm - 36hrs per week.
This is a fixed term contract ending 31st March 2020.
You MUST be SIA Licensed to be considered for this role.
- To ensure that all incidents, which occur during the course of your duties, are reported promptly and recorded within the guidelines laid down by Corporate Security and efficiently dealt with.
- To ensure integrity of the security systems are maintained.
- To ensure that the removal of goods and permit to work procedures are maintained at all times.
- To conduct mandatory searches of bags and personal belongings to sub-contractors and cleaners before they leave the premises, on the client’s instruction.
- To comply with data protection guidelines regarding disclosure of personal and confidential information held on the security databases.
- To cover the reception and loading bays as directed at locations listed within the Assignment Instructions.
- To conduct regular internal and external perimeter building patrols.
- Staff should be aware of suspect packages being deposited in and around the precinct of the building and should make themselves aware of the separate procedure to be adopted should such a devise be discovered.
- Any other duties deemed to be appropriate or necessary to the post.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Good communication (both written and oral) and customer service skills (Essential).
- Experience in working within a team as well as on your own (Essential).
- A valid SIA Licence (Essential) – Door Supervisor (Preferred).
- Corporate experience preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrable proactive and professional approach to security.
- Ability to operate in a pressurised environment.
- Attention to detail, proactive and excellent time management.
- Good time management skills
- Flexible approach to working practices and working out of hours
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer focused approach to work.
- An understanding and ability to adhere to the principles of quality and equality in the workplace.
- Sets and maintains very high standards
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £9.00 to £9.20 /hour
- security: 1 year (Preferred)
- SIA Licence (Required)