- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Burton upon Trent
Founded in 1986, Group Samsic has grown to meet an ever-growing need for Total Facilities Management. Now in 2019 the group boasts 70,000 employees Europe wide with an annual turnover of 2.4bn. euro. Regent Samsic provided Security, Cleaning and Support Services to 750 clients at over 1700 locations in the UK. Our network of 14 regional offices ensure our clients are given our closest support and attention; and our 3000 highly skilled employees help us to develop a business of substance that meets client need and expectation while e constantly expand our presence in the FM Sector.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Security Officer to join our team in Burton-On-Trent. Applicants will be expected to work on a 7 on 4 off 7 on 3 off shift pattern, covering Monday to Sunday day and night shifts between the hours of 06.00 to 18.00 day shift and 18.00 to 06.00 night shift.
The successful candidate will be expected to work a combination of days, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Position: Security Officer
- Location: Burton-On-Trent
- Shift Pattern: 7 on 3 off, 7 on 4 off
- Pay Rate: £8.61 per hour – Annual Salary: £25,072
- Average Weekly Hours: 56hrs p/w
- Contracted Hours: Minimum 48hrs p/w
- Employee Status: Permanent/ Full Time
- Posted: 13th May 2019
- Post ID – 00001/04
The Security Officer Role is essential in the delivery of a high-class security service to the site as a client and their customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering the smooth and efficient running of the Security Service. The overall team objective is to ensure the security, safety and wellbeing of the site, visitors and to protect the property of the building, members and visitors against damage or theft in accordance with procedures as determined by the site.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we have to insist that the ideal candidates’ CV MUST contain a full 5-year history back from today with MONTH and YEAR clearly displayed for start and finish times of each employment period including your most current role. Any gaps within the last 5 years need to be covered with an explication (could be School, Jobseekers, Student etc.) – If your CV fails to comply with this it will be rejected.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please apply by email to the address given enclosing your CV and a covering letter. Please include the code 00001/04 in your response. Regent Samsic is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications for this post must be submitted by Friday 17th May and interviews will be held on Monday 20th May 2019.
Job Type / Category
To provide an efficient and professional security service to Regent Samsic Security’s clients as specified, demonstrating the highest levels of Customer Service; presenting at all times a smart, alert, visible and commanding security presence.
- “Meet and Greet” members of the public using the site answering any queries
- Answer all enquiries courteously and professionally
- Be able to manage all systems within the security control base
- Ensure a vigilant, professional presence
- Confidence in using technology to research and answer patron’s questions
- Produce accurate reports as and when needed
- Be an effective liaison between the client and the company Contract Manager
- Be an effective ambassador for Regent Samsic Security and the client
- Have a minimum of 12 months Security experience
- 5 year work history- candidates must supply proof of work
- Current SIA Licence – Door Supervisor or Security Guarding (PSS CCTV Licence desirable)
- Have an unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
- Good command of the English language both verbal and written
- Full Clean Drivers Licence
- Have own transport
- Reliable, conscientious with an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic approach to work
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to changing working hours and patterns
- Smart appearance
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent customer care skills
- Have a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Computer literate to a competent level
- Demonstrates competent numeracy and literacy skills for following instructions and preparing reports
- Demonstrates good observation skills
- Reception desk duties
- Full site training
- Apprentice scheme available to all
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Career development plan
- 6 weeks holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- Uniform provided
- SIA Licence paid for
- Strong Management support
- Structured roster pattern
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,071.00 to £25,072.00 /year
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence (Required)
- Driving License (Preferred)