- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
SEN Maths Teacher
St. John’s School, Seaford
Maternity Cover February 2020 – July 2020 (to be reviewed at the end of year)
Monday-Friday – 8.30am – 4.30pm
* St. John’s School and College are now looking to recruit a Maths Teacher to come and join the Seaford site and make a difference to our learners aged between 7-19.
* Undertake teaching commitments in a range of subject areas and be responsible for a group of learners as a tutor – the age group will be decided for each academic year following consultation with the Head of Education.
* You will have detailed knowledge and understanding of pupils’ National Curriculum/P levels and assessment as well as being able to demonstrate that knowledge and understanding. You will also be required to take account of wider curriculum developments, which are relevant to the work of St. John’s (including the school’s aims, objectives, policies and schemes of work).
* To teach entry level examinations as well as level 1 GCSE.
* To plan teaching and learning effectively, identifying clear teaching objectives, lesson content and lesson structures and sequences to ensure that learners can meet their fullest potential.
* Responsible for preparing and presenting informative reports for Annual Reviews and other Multi-Disciplinary Team meeting.
* You will liaise effectively with learners, parents/carers through informative oral and written reports on learner progress and achievements, discussing appropriate targets, and encouraging them to support their child’s learning, behaviour and progress.
* An interest in ‘the creative arts’ would be welcome.
St. John’s is committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people, vulnerable adults and children.
Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance.
We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion
Role: SEN Maths Teacher
Job Type: Permanent, Contract
Location: BN2, East Sussex,
Apply for this job now.