- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Summary of the Role
As a Consultant in the Reward practice you will have immediate exposure to a range of clients and subject areas. We consult broadly across all areas of total reward with projects ranging from job levelling and compensation benchmarking to the development of total reward strategies for some of the world’s largest companies. Our work tends to fall into one of several buckets:
- Total rewards strategy – we partner with organisations of all shapes and sizes to review, develop and articulate their total rewards strategies and underlying design principles. We have market leading tools that enable our clients to determine how to allocate their total reward spend most appropriately and we are true pioneers when it comes to delivering a consumer grade total reward experience for employees.
- Job levelling and architecture – we support organisations wherever they may be on the spectrum from introducing job levels for the first time right through to communicating career paths and development opportunities to employees.
- Sales effectiveness and rewards – we help organisations understand how to drive the achievement of sales goals through aligning strategy to tactics with a focus on sales operating models, role design, compensation / incentive design and governance.
- Getting compensation right – whether it’s helping a company interpret and navigate their way through the various considerations associated with fairness and greater pay transparency or designing a new base pay structure or short-term incentive plan, we do it all! Together with our unrivalled compensation data and software, we’re the first port of call for companies looking to review and improve their compensation programmes.
- Transformation / transactions – through a combination of project management discipline and subject matter expertise, we support organisations at all stages of maturity as they navigate through the unique challenges that come with transformation or transactional activity (M&A, divestiture, spin offs, etc.)
Your role, as a Consultant will be to:
- Support senior colleagues on a range of projects with clients across various industries. This will involve everything from day-to-day project management to drafting and reviewing client reports to supporting the facilitation of client meetings. You’ll typically be working on multiple projects at once so be prepared to juggle.
- Act as a subject matter expert in one or more of the areas outlined above, providing advice to clients and support / coaching to less experienced colleagues in that area.
- Project manage medium sized / complexity assignments. This will involve day-to-day client interaction, allocating work to and managing (a team of) analysts and ensuring quality review processes are implemented.
- Support senior colleagues with all aspects of client management, from new business development (meetings, proposal writing) to invoicing and client entertainment.
- Contribute to the development of new intellectual capital, through involvement in research (pulse surveys, global research studies, etc.) and maintaining a proactive interest in industry trends and innovation.
- Share insights and knowledge picked up through client work and general reading, etc. with colleagues during regular team meetings.
You will learn from colleagues who are recognised thought leaders and who will provide regular coaching and feedback to you. In addition, you will participate in a mix of formal and informal development initiatives and online learning.
- Experience as either a business, HR or reward analyst (in house or consulting)
- Undergraduate degree in any subject; preferably with a numerical or research bias
- End-to-end project management experience and experience coordinating the work of others
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent (clear, concise and confident) written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to ‘story tell’ based on data analysis and situational understanding
- Proven problem solving ability
- Confidence / ability to work in a changeable, fast paced environment
The Talent & Rewards business combines advisory services, data and software to provide clients with integrated solutions that address their most complex workforce challenges. We help our clients deliver success through connecting the dots between business strategy / priorities, roles, accountabilities and growth, individual contribution, and reward.
We have over two thousand colleagues globally with a talented team of around 400 people in Great Britain. We are comprised of two lines of business – Talent and Rewards – both of which are supported by a global operations organisation. The Rewards line of business covers two advisory practices (Reward (focusing on all employees) and Executive Compensation), our compensation survey business (Global Data Services) and our compensation software business.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored...
- ms project