- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We’re an independent accounting firm working with a range of fast-growing businesses across the IT, Real Estate and B2B sectors by providing our clients with a fully operational finance team.
At Finling, we’re obsessed with all things tech that can help to streamline our clients’ finances as well as our own internal processes. We pride ourselves on always being one step ahead of the industry in order to offer the best customer experience and value.
Join us and you’ll be part of a small yet dynamic, connected and diverse team. We’re as ambitious as our entrepreneur clients, and we’re always on the lookout for new ways to improve what we do.
Salary: £26k-£30k (pro rata) and depending on experience
Position: Part-time, 3 days per week
About the role
This role is for a qualified accounts technician or accountant, and is intended to support the management accounts team. We do the bookkeeping for almost all of our clients, but with the period end focus of this role, we would also include those clients where we are not working on the daily bookkeeping.
This will involve the need for a deep understanding of the features and possibilities available within Xero (e.g. bank feeds, fixed asset register, bulk coding, find and recode).
We are happy to provide full training to ensure you fill in any gaps in your software knowledge quickly.
This role will have quite a lot of client liaison as you work to expedite the period end.
And we expect it to evolve to a point where you are able to run reports both within Xero and using add-on reporting tools to provide a complete period end accounting service to the client.
- Some day to day bookkeeping for a small portfolio of clients (in technology, real estate, or business services) using Receipt-Bank and Xero, including:
- purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, with the emphasis on correct coding and VAT treatment, and transaction automation
- this aspect is especially important at first in order to make sure you know exactly how we work, and how to use our software stack to the maximum. It may become less important over time as new members of staff join the team
Management Accounting: (The core part of the role)
- A strong focus on period end procedures to bring clients’ accounts up to trial balance, ready for reports to be run
- full reconciliations, and schedules produced, with follow up involving the investigation and resolution of differences
- Period end financial reporting, to agreed specifications, using Xero or a reporting add-on
- Additional support for the year end close, or other requirements (for example commercial or due diligence requests)
Team work, planning and client liaison:
- Planning work ahead of the month end to ensure that we can turn accounts round rapidly
- Playing your part within the team in ensuring technology is used to reduce manual processing and enhance speed and accuracy wherever possible
- Communicating with other team members about the status of work and coordinating as needed
- Communicating with clients to keep the flow of work up to date, to discuss coding and to update processes, and especially to expedite the period end close
- Ensure VAT returns are prepared for each client in a timely fashion
- Reconciliation of VAT accounts
Technology and Training
- Finling uses Xero and Receiptbank, together with a range of add-ons in order for our clients to benefit from the most modern technical environment
- The office is paperless and our practice runs on cloud based software
- We will ensure that you follow a full training programme for both the core technologies, and become certified in Xero
Training, Skills and Experience
- Qualified AAT level 4, CIMA or ACCA
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients (or divisions/departments) to a tight monthly schedule, either with an industry or practice background
- Excellent technical bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Very good communication and client management skills
- Diligent and focused in completing tasks to clear checklists; able to help with continuous development of checklists and procedures
- Able to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to show initiative but also good at knowing when to ask for help and support
- Good technical skills and a real interest in technology developments
· Prior experience of Xero or Receiptbank, or other cloud accounting tools
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Flexible working (around core hours)
- Childcare Vouchers (using salary sacrifice)
Finling is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £26,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year