- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Business Analyst - 90228833
Posting Range:3 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Senior Business Analayst
A new opportunity has become available within our Cash, Settlements and Payments Technology team for a Senior Business Analyst. This dedicated team provides Barclays with the technology necessary to efficiently process cash settlements resulting from trading activity in its Investment Bank and Corporate Banking Divisions. This is your opportunity to be part of a team that will be responsible for leading large multi year change programme, to deliver target cash settlements strategic platform
What will you be doing?
• Analyse and validate business requirements and marry with the developers proposals to meet the requirements, using data driven analysis or assisting/leading user workshops.
• Define and document functional requirements either by use of user stories or functional requirements
• Documentation of Acceptance Criteria and working closely with technology development teams to ensure solutions meet the requirements
• Coordination of and hands-on assistance with User Acceptance Testing
• Provide input to product backlog maintenance and refinement sessions.
• Lead functional walkthroughs
• Detailed gap analysis and design tasks, across multiple applications and technologies to propose solutions and assess the impact of change on systems, interfaces, processes and people.
• Identify or provide solution options, pros/cons and present recommendations using appropriate level of documentation for audience and consult to get agreement.
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrable experience in a Business Analyst role with strong evidence of either business and technology change delivery within FX Middle & Back Office operational areas
• Experience of test script generation and test execution and ability to use Acceptance Criteria to drive out the requirements and testing required
• Experience of data migration, analysis and definition, and onboarding of new business
• Leadership of business analysts and other project team members
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Agile Business Analysis training or qualifications
• Experience in Financial Services
• Knowledge of trade lifecycle and product types
• Proven experience in creating Epics and User Stories
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in our Aurora house Glasgow office; a stones throw away from Glasgow Central Train Station and the heart of Glasgow.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.