- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Business Analyst - 90231407
Posting Range:16 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst you’ll be responsible for all change delivery activities that support Retail Product Segments. You’ll play a key role in communicating between internal technology teams and the business, acting as a ‘translator’ where necessary to incorporate how information technology can support the needs of the business teams.
What we’re looking for:
• Take responsibility for managing business requirements from initial scoping through to end solution delivery
• Willing to become a subject matter expert for the Community and Premier banking business
• Work closely with our solution architects and turn the business vision into the right reality
• Ensure that the business requirements remain at the heart of the technical solution
• Establish and maintain meaningful working relationships with the business and technical teams that benefit all involved
• Actively champion best practices throughout Personal, Community and Premier Banking to other business analyst communities within Barclays
• Be responsible for your own professional development needs
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Will have experience of Payments Systems, ideally Cheque and Credit Clearing
• Be a mentor and coach to our new business analysts
• Enhance the culture of our team and the wider teams that you will work with, continuing to make Barclays a great place to work
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Provide leadership to your business teams
Where will you be working?
• Radbroke Hall is a hidden gem in the heart of the Cheshire countryside and home to our 3,200-strong team
• As we’re based in the country side, we have accommodated many facilities including our subsidized canteen, onsite Starbucks café, Tennis and Squash Courts, Gym and shop
• We have a really open, friendly culture here at Radbroke and sense of community.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.