- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior C# Full Stack - FX Market Making Strategies Developer - Information Technology London - Great BritainDescription of the Business Line or Department
The role involves working within the ITEC\CTT\FIC business specifically for the global credit development team. The team focus is on the tools used by the various trading desks covering credit products globally for all pre trade activity. Including pricing, e-trading and risk. The technology group is C# front to back with a focus on UX led agile development.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- C# .Net full stack development, delivering well tested well structured code
- Engaging with other members of the technology organisation to ensure project delivery in an efficient and timely manner.
- Providing strong technical direction and encouraging best practice around software engineering processes.
Summary of responsibilities
Sitting on the trading floor with the traders and quants, the candidate will be their direct interlocutor regarding development on the FX Market Making platform (pricing and hedging).
• Design of software solutions to fulfill the business needs, balancing between rapid development and code quality, in agreement with both IT management and the head of desk
• Be proactive in regard of platform enhancements from which the business and/or the IT can benefit
• Implement, test, and deploy the software solution within agreed constraints and existing code
• Maintain and enhance the existing systems and various tools used for daily tasks
• Improve the back test framework, especially make sure that it always reflect production behavior
• Level 1 & 2 support, good reactivity in case of incidents
• Implement the necessary tools for proper production follow-up, in order to anticipate and detect potential technical or functional issues
As the systems are used across many asset categories, the candidate needs to be rigorous in their work and be ready to regularly communicate with other teams.
Initiatives are highly welcome.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
5+ years of experience as a back-end developer, familiar with object oriented programming. Strong knowledge in C# .Net and/or C++ or Java; We are open regarding the technical background but take head that the current platform is mainly C#/Windows.
R or python knowledge is a plus
Multithreading / Memory / CPU profiling and optimization experience expected
Good knowledge of Windows environment as a production platform, Linux is a plus
Good knowledge of network protocols
A good experience is necessary on these aspects:
- FX cash products
- Development of manual and/or automatic trading systems
- Back testing principles
Knowledge of electronic exchange / market / broker platform connectivity is a plus
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
Job code: 18000SVC
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 01/07/2019
- ms project