- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £45,000.00 - £55,000.00 gross per year
- Ramsey Saint Marys
For over 35 years, Mick George Ltd has been the driving force behind a vision for growth, expansion and diversification.
Today we are a major supplier to the UK construction industry, providing a broad range of services from Skip Hire and Waste Management, Aggregates & Concrete Supply right through to Earthworks, Asbestos Management and Demolition. Our Facilities Management division offers a wide range of services to commercial and residential clients for reactive and planned maintenance, right through to refurbishment and building installation.
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that is why we invest in making sure we have the best people throughout the business. We encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations; propelling the business forward and enabling us to achieve the high standards our customers expect throughout their Mick George journey
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to continued business success and expansion, we are now on the lookout for an experienced and dynamic Senior Management Accountant to join our diverse and multi- disciplined Finance department!
Reporting to the Financial Director, the successful candidate will lead our current Management Accounts team and be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of monthly management information for departmental heads including analytical review of key variances to budget and year.
- Advising on budgets and forecasts and providing recommendations to budget holders to identify cost savings.
- Full ownership of P&L accounts including sign off, of final version and holding meetings with the onsite management teams to discuss results.
- KPI reporting and preparation of board packs.
- Maintenance of management accounting processes and implementation and communication of authorised changes.
- Provision of supporting data and relevant analysis to the Operations Board, to aid effective business decisions.
- Validation of all monthly actual results, budgets and forecasts within required deadlines.
- Work to continually support and develop a robust control environment.
- Development and support of junior members of the management accounts team.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA) with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Demonstratable advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong accounting experience with a sound understanding of all management accounting disciplines and working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics would be desirable.
- Experience of working within a multiple business company environment with diverse stakeholder management.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience required.
- Previous practice experience is desirable
The Mick George Group is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all. The company seeks to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community at large and values the individual's contribution irrespective of sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin.