- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior DB Developer - 90227849
Posting Range:28 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Senior Database Developer
Barclays are recruiting for a Senior Database Developer based in Glasgow within Finance Risk and Treasury. As well as ongoing maintenance work, current and upcoming projects include BIW 2.0 – CCAR Onboarding. You will be involved new regulatory projects with the work being spread across the whole development team. You will be defining the future of finance with Barclays.
If this sounds of interest, please read on!
What will you be doing?
• You will be working within a big data environment
• You will be capable of working in a fragmented, complex and changing environment and to create strong relationships with the business, technology management (and peers), and vendor representatives.
• You will be applying strong technical skills across projects.
• You will have the ability to quickly take ownership of issues.
• You will possess sufficient business and technical knowledge to be able to take decisions, often in stressful situations.
• You will be communicating with both technical staff and business representatives
What we’re looking for:
• Experience working with big data
• You should have experience as an oracle developer
• Experience working with SQL queries
• Basic UNIX knowledge
• Shell script experience working with large data based (multi terabytes)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience working with Hadoop and big data
• Financial background
Where will you be working?
Barclays Scotland is a real Scottish success story. We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. Glasgow is a recognised strategic hub within Barclays globally, and admired as a shining light in Scottish business. Due to the scale of work we do here, there are countless opportunities for our colleagues to develop and progress. We’re a place where talented people can build a satisfying and diverse career, within a community of talented and passionate people.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.