- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Design Engineer
Our client is working to design the future of air travel. As a fast paced and growing company, they are embarking on an exciting new chapter in the development of Electric Aircraft. With this in mind, they are offering a rare opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to combine creative thinking and sound aerospace knowledge to support moving their product forwards.
- Competitive salary offered
- A performance based bonus
- 5% employer contribution towards pension
- Flexible working within a 37.5 hour contract, ensuring core business hours of 10am to 4pm are covered
- 25 days' holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- 1 extra day's holiday for your birthday!
- A flexible benefits scheme for you to tailor to meet your needs and requirements
- A delicious free breakfast
- Central Bristol location
This is the ideal role for an enthusiastic and talented design and engineering professional to take their career to the next level with an exciting, innovative company.
What's more, you'll be joining our client at an amazing time in their journey. Their personal aircraft has now moved into the development and certification stages before they progress towards full production. Their team of friendly, highly skilled and dedicated professionals will welcome you and help you find your feet and they will provide all the support you need to help you make a success of your role.
As the Senior Design Engineer, you will develop the aircraft structure for our client's new vehicle from the ground up. This is an exciting and varying role that will require the successful candidate to be very flexible in terms of work content and to be well-motivated.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied - they will include:
- Conceptualising and detailing designs for composite and metallic structures for novel aircraft configurations
- Defining component and system requirements
- Meeting the Means of Compliance standards required by the authorities
- Assisting in the management of suppliers and manufacturers, delivering components or systems to the project
- Conducting composites-related R&D projects and supporting test activity
- Preparing technical documentation for review by senior management
To be considered as the Senior Design Engineer, you will need a fundamental knowledge of Aircraft Structures and the ability to effectively analyse the complex system from a design perspective. This knowledge will come from significant experience in aerospace or other highly regulated industries.
You will also need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A Strong fundamental knowledge of lightweight structures and composites
- Detailed knowledge of current and developing aircraft structural technology
- Detailed understanding of the design requirements and system engineering approach
- Experience and proficiency of at least one modern CAD package and PLM system
- Working knowledge of GD&T and drawing creation
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
You may have previously held the title of Design Engineer, Aerospace Design Engineer, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Structural Design Engineer, or Avionics Design Engineer.
Webrecruit are clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Senior Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.