- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- ENGLAND GB
Role Purpose (position scope)
Design of mechanical parts, assemblies and systems and the compilation of associated documentation
for the design of new components and/or modification of aerial platforms.
Shall manage all design phases of technical projects and manage scheduling, estimating and completion
of design data. They shall conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare reports for the
DO leadership and Project Managers. They also provide engineering guidance to other departments, help
to train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
- Work with customers and suppliers and integrate with Marketing, sales and project management.
- Compilation of design and certification data.
- Providing working design solutions to technical problems with the minimum of supervision.
- Check Signatory for Mechanical drawings and certification reports.
- Lead the design team relating to particular projects including the delivery (on time and to the appropriate quality) of all relevant design and certification data.
- Generating design concepts and supporting the design engineers in the execution of the design and certification packages.
- Provide support to the PDE for design reviews.
- Supporting production and installation engineers in matters relating to projects.
- Coaching and supporting design engineers and overseeing their development. Key Responsibilities
- Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- Ensure that the requisite design documentation, in the form of drawings and supporting documents, are compiled in accordance with Company Procedures and regulatory requirements with regards to the applicable regulatory and/or customer certification specifications. This list includes, but Is not limited to: Drawings, Service Bulletins, Test Plans/Reports, Concession/Prod Permit, ICA Data, Master Document List,
- Assist, and liaise with, the Compliance Verification Engineer throughout the design process on all design issues relating to airworthiness requirements.
- Support the HDO, PDE and the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the design data.
- Ensure all design documentation in the form of drawings and other supporting design data etc are complete and available to the Compliance Verification Engineer.
- Compile design data as authorised by the HDO or DAwM.
- Incorporate authorised changes/updates to design data as required.
- Maintain drawing and document registers.
- Support the Design Focal in design review meetings, ie PDR, CDR, FAI etc.
- Ensuring that tasks set are achieved to contract budget (time & cost).
- Regular liaison with internal/external manufacturing departments and suppliers to ensure anyrelated issues are resolved and deadlines met.
- Work effectively as a key member in a team environment, liaising closely with in-housecolleagues.
- Provide clear communication with Project Managers on the status of design programmes andensure that problems impacting the design element are notified accordingly.
- Provide support to the Technical Illustrator for compilation of Technical Illustrations andassociated aircraft related maintenance documents, ie AMM, CMM, IPL etc in accordance withCustomer, Company &/or regulatory standards in support of Company design data.
- Assist the Design Focal to compile design data for PDR & CDR and other design reviews. Core Competencies
- Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or,
- 5 years related industrial experience (this should be evidenced by the employment history on the applicant/job holder CV).
- Have a clear understanding of aircraft component and/or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes.
- CATIA proficient.
- Able to produce calculations in support of the design activity. Key Measures
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, ie EASA, JAA, FAA, is desirable.
- The ability to work alone or within a team environment, and as a team member, playing a key role in the production of design data
- A willingness and ability to travel within the UK and abroad, sometimes at short notice and extended periods may be required.
- PC literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.