- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £55,000.00 - £65,000.00 gross per year
- CENTRAL LONDON LONDON
Telum Media is an independent company providing a web-based journalist database to public relations professionals ('PRs') in the Asia. The PR team uses the system to quickly and easily target the right media across Asia.
Since launching in 2014 Telum Media works with over 200 companies, ranging from blue chip internationally known brands to local PR agencies. We operate in Singapore, London, Hong Kong and Sydney.
We are a highly collaborative and passionate team, based in an incredible location in Central London and can offer plenty of variety and stimulation for the successful candidate, alongside fantastic career prospects.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer for our products, to work within our existing Engineering team in a fast- growing company.If you want to create your own footprint and grow in an exciting company with a flagship product based in Asia and Australia, then look no further. This role requires the ability to be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
The successful applicant should be comfortable aroundcoding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
Key Duties & Accountabilities:
- Backend development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling company website
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
Knowledge & Skills:
- Analyzing and evaluating skills to be able to suggest and accomplish the latest and best solutions available
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Teamwork skills, because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends
o PHP (Symfony), OOP, Design patterns
o SQL (MySQL)
Nice to have
o Elasticsearch, Elastic Stack
o HTML5, CSS3, SASS/SCSS, LESS
o Version control systems (GIT)
o Testing tools (Behat, PhpSpec, PhpUnit)
o API driven development
o Testing tools (Behat, PhpSpec, PHPUnit)
o Webpack, Yarn, NPM
- 5+ years’ experience in similar IT roles.
- BSc or BA degree preferred
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
What we offer
Salary between £55,000- 65,000 per year based on your experience, whilst working for a rapidly growing company that is revolutionizing the way public relations works in the Asia. We work in the latest technologies and are always looking for better ways to operate.
The company believes in rewarding excellence and dedication, as the business grows the company will support you in improving your knowledge and understanding of the latest coding practices.
Please include a CV, cover letter and an example of a PHP/JS code sample (preferably Symfony, Vue.js in file version in git repo link or attach files that you are able to share and are proud of.