- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25.00 - £35.00 gross per hour
Are you a Senior Development Surveyor, seeking a new job in the Bridgend area?
My client has an immediate opportunity for a senior development surveyor to join their team on an initial temporary basis.
The successful candidate will be required to lead a small team in the delivery of capital receipts through the sale of surplus assets and have responsibility for: acquisitions (strategic), commercial review programme (income generation), asset management and development & regeneration projects.
- Responsible for the generation of capital receipts and the planning, management and delivery of an effective disposal programme;
- The valuation and disposal of surplus properties, ensuring an up to date understanding of market conditions
- Assist in the review and identification of surplus assets; and negotiate property acquisitions/disposals;
- Procure and project manages the co-ordination of technical surveys and mange external consultants and agents involved in the sale process including surveyors, planners and engineers. Project manage the production of master plans and development briefs;
- Contribute to and support project boards and multi-disciplinary working groups providing advice and guidance on the best use of the Council's assets and develop links with partners including the private sector;
- Manage permanent and temporary staff assigned to the post, as necessary (Currently two posts)
- Undertake and assume responsibility for own caseload as allocated and supervised by the Asset & Compliance Manager. Carry out all work allocated to appropriate professional and technical standards ensuring 2 service provision meets clear requirements and expected standards within area of responsibility. Complete work within adopted timescales/ performance standards, reporting the reason(s) for potential or actual slippage.
- You may be required to undertake other tasks that can be reasonably assigned to you, including development activities, which are within your capability and grade.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree Level in a Property Related, Financial or Public Policy discipline and will have Professional Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- A wealth of practical experience in property development and planning, along with a proven high level of commercial astuteness
- Able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of valuation and different methods of property disposal, backed up by relevant practical experience and application.
- Strategic understanding and application of the principles of relevant legislations including the Local Government Act, Planning legislation, Ecology and Procurement.
- Possess a full driving licence and have access to a motor vehicle
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh is desirable.
If you are interested please call and ask for Sam Studley
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- ms project