- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior DevOps Architect - 90224358
Posting Range:25 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title DevOps Architect
Location Radbroke Hall (Knutsford)
We are looking for a hands on architect or lead engineer used to providing CI/CD consultancy to teams that require automation insight and Cloud best practice; leading project teams that build new components for us that leverage new internally sourced innovations and those from industry.
What will you be doing?
• You will act as liaison and council to the Pipeline Engineering team, creating architectural visions for enhancements and leading these through to production.
• Attend and host the DevOps architecture board which steers the DevOps community within Digital and prioritises enhancements to the core pipelines
• You will create and drive architectural visions for technologies supporting CI/CD strategy
• Work with the Principle Engineer to plan the roadmap and prioritise the Backlog
• Enhance metrics emitted from CI/CD tools to give instant feedback if something breaks
• Analyse data and derive metrics that describe effective CI/CD measures (MTTR, MTTF, MTTR)
• You will drive agility using Agile techniques and tooling to manage work items
• Engage application teams, driving adoption of the pipelines
What we’re looking for:
• Ability to draw and describe complex architectures
• CI/CD Pipeline Development with Jenkins – Groovy pipeline coding, API interaction (GET/POST)
• Docker and Kubernetes (OpenShift Container Platform). ECS/EKS.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Splunk or ELK
Where will you be working?
Barclays Radbroke Hall is a strategic IT and Technology centre set in a fantastic countryside location with outstanding facilities to include Starbuck’s, onsite gym and canteen as well as football pitches and tennis courts. The site is relaxed with a dress down code and excellent working culture.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.