- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £75,000.00 - £75,000.00 gross per year
Working for a global information analytics company that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity.
We are in the midst of a transformation that is being driven by digital technology. Our innovative technology platforms and smart content solutions operate at the cutting edge of big data, semantic web and cloud technology, enabling faster more effective critical decision-making daily across the globe.
You will work in a team of DevOps engineers, working with a modern technology stack.
You will gain familiarity with the project's current operational requirements and help shape future development of one of The company's flagship products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and building infrastructure in AWS as part of a product team
- Helping support the application in a production environment
- Optimising costs in AWS
- Ensuring the Company TIO (Technology, Infrastructure and Operations) standards of operational maturity are maintained inside the product's infrastructure
- Building tools to help other team members self-serve for most operational tasks
Key Skills and Experience
- Supporting product teams with customer facing products
- AWS Infrastructure As Code (ideally Terraform)
- Excellent linux experience
- Configuration management
- Several of the following skills:
- Linux experience at scale
- Scripting (python, bash)
- Java coding
- Large scale monitoring and reporting (New Relic)
- Continuous integration systems (git/Jenkins)
- Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems
- Hadoop cluster support
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to lead and inspire others
- Ability to work in a team with people from all backgrounds
- You will be highly motivated to produce quality, repeatable and reliable code
- You will be confident using your skills to troubleshoot and provide solutions under pressure
- You will be a problem solver with a positive attitude
- You will be able to manage competing priorities effectively
- You will enjoy interacting with stakeholders at all levels in the company
We're a truly global company. We are expanding our capabilities and offer a stimulating environment, enabling bright, passionate people to do their best work.
You will be working in an environment constructed with the sole purpose of encouraging creativity and collaboration.
Salary is dependent upon skill level and experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and many opportunities for career progression as we continue to grow.