- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
My client is a growing, multi-disciplinary consultancy with 7 offices working throughout the UK. They currently provide their expert services in areas such as Planning, Geomatics, and Agriculture but recently have launched a new service area, Environment, and Planning. They are looking for an experienced Ecologist who wants an opportunity to become a subject matter expert for Ecology within the team.
To be successful in your application for this Senior Ecological position, you will need:
* A degree in Ecology or a relevant subject;
* At least one protected species license preferably Great Crested Newt or Bats;
* Membership to CIEEM;
* Previous experience with bat analysis software;
* To hold an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislations and survey techniques;
* The ability and experience to manage budgets;
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to produce accurate technical reports;
* Hold a CSCS card;
* A full driving license and have access to a vehicle.
During your time as a Senior Ecologist with this client you will be:
* As a Senior member of the team you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of a diverse range of ecological surveys and assessments;
* The range of ecological surveys you will be undertaking include extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and more specialist work such as protected species survey and mitigation;
* Carrying out desk studies, consolations, research, data management, and technical report writing;
* Liaising with clients and statutory bodies;
* Undertake Ecological Impact Assessments and inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments;
* Project and client management, including the chance to develop your client relationships and be responsible for your projects;
* Mentoring and developing junior members of staff through the early years of their careers.
My client will be offering a competitive salary depending on your level of experience, as well as bonuses such as pension schemes and health care. You will also have the option to buy additional holidays along with regular training and career development. If this role is of interest to you or you are looking for roles related to Ecology, please do not hesitate to contact Steffan Child on 01792 362010 for a confidential conversation, or by email We also have a vast variety of opportunities on our website www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk.
- ms project