- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- SCOTLAND GB
Senior Editor, Healthcare Thought Leadership
The Economist Group logo
The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
The Economist Group’s thought leadership (TL) division produces high quality editorial content for a wide range of global corporate clients, foundations and governments. The team sells content programs addressing business and geopolitical trends to senior marketing and communications executives in a diverse range of industries and sectors.
Currently we are seeking a Senior Editor for Healthcare in our Thought Leadership business to ensure The Economist Group’s standards of editorial quality, creativity and independence and by maintaining strong client services practices.
How you will contribute:
* Develop and deliver custom content projects, from proposing core themes through research, outputs and marketing, on time and on budget
* Ensure work delivered by you and your team meets the quality standards, branding rules and editorial guidelines set by the Economist Intelligence Unit
* Manage client relationships from an editorial perspective, delivering high quality content and excellent client service
* Build client relationships that lead to being a trusted advisor on themes and research methodologies and that encourage the discussion of additional projects
* Actively support sales on business development through creating compelling new products, research programmes and proposals, accompanying salespeople to meetings and working with salespeople to prioritize potential clients and develop pitches for them
* Act as project manager, including managing all relationships among the sponsor, freelance writers, research teams across The Economist Group and others as needed
* Write and/or edit copy including research surveys, papers, articles, video scripts and marketing collateral
* Lead data analysis and ensure rich insights are developed from the primary research done for projects
* Present at, and facilitate events run by Economist Events and clients, some of which are international, as well as webcasts or podcasts
* Build a public profile as an expert in healthcare trends through Economist Group social channels and other channels
Experience, skills and professional attributes
Ideal skills for this role are:
* Education to degree level, social sciences preferred
* Substantial experience in healthcare, through having worked in, consulted for, or researched and reported on it extensively
* Excellent writing, editing, presentation and stakeholder-management skills
* Strong research skills
* Project management skills, including managing project teams
* Client-facing experience with senior corporate executives and/or policymakers
* Experience in planning and monitoring budgets
* Familiarity with data analysis methodologies and tools
* Experience using social media tools
* Reputation for expertise in the healthcare industry helpful
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS
- ms project