- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Engineer - 90225003
Posting Range:5 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title – Java Developer
Location – Northampton
About the role
The role will be responsible for analyse, design and implement the python models in MEF framework in agile fashion and also implement the overlays and sensitivity analysis for Stress testing forecasting implementation. The role should have good understanding of DevOps methodology and also be responsible to work with development community to embrace devops. This role should also have a good understanding of Hadoop ecosystem and interacting with various Hadoop ecosystem components as data is residing in RFT BSL area in BIW2.0 hadoop platform
What will you be doing?
· Technically Implement the BUK stress testing models in MEF framework (Java and Python based platform) for stress test model implementation
· Involve in Java application development, testing and production implementation
· Well versed in Java, Java script, Unix, SQL / Oracle
· Understanding of Hadoop, JBPM, Python
· Good understanding of Risk, Finance and Treasury portfolios including Barclay Cards.
· Work closely with the BUK RFT Data Team and US - CCAR Tech team.
· Implement Change Requests (CR) for Business and team
· Identifying and resolving production and application development problems
· Adhere to Agile methodology, ensure requirements documentation complies with Agile and audit standards.
· Service transition, Dev Ops implementation
What we’re looking for:
· Analytical ability - Must have a clear understanding and experience in performing data analysis and be capable of working
· Conceptual thinking – Ability to think strategically with good intellect and ability to focus on the whole portfolio of Group activities and their associated value generation.
· Innovation – Ability to develop innovative ways to solve complex problems, within particular constraints.
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Very good knowledge on Java, Java script
· Hands on experience in building rich User interface using Angular JS
· Excellent hands-on design and programming experience in Java based applications.
· Good understanding of JBPM, Hadoop ecosystem components, Oracle/ Maria Db is good to have.
· Good knowledge on Spring Batch for ETL transformations
· Good knowledge on Linux/Unix Operating systems
· Good to have python programming skill
· Implement the models developed by Quantitative Analytics in the Model Execution framework and also implement the orchestration of execution of the models
· Efficient multitasking skills, able to work with various technical stakeholders within the projects
· Excellent work attitude, with a focus on detail and delivery of the highest quality product under tight time pressure
Where will you be working?
Barclays Northampton is an operation of vast scale, with a huge influence and impact on the financial services industry and on the lives of millions of British people. Here, we process 18 million transactions worth more than £700 million every day, and make sure that 196 Barclaycard payments every second happen seamlessly. This couldn’t be possible without the collaboration between all our teams – from tech, marketing, functions, and operations – and the global partnerships our Northampton colleagues have. Our environmentally friendly office is within 5 minutes of the local town, easily accessible from the M1, and we run frequent shuttlebuses to and from Northampton train station.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.