- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Newcastle upon Tyne
United Kingdom - Tyne and Wear, Newcastle
Our Transportation division has a vacancy for a Senior Traffic Engineer / Consultant in the Roads team in our Newcastle office with demonstrable experience of successful scheme design, assessment and project delivery.
Our team is growing, and you will have significant opportunity to develop your career in a fast-moving environment. We are looking for a self-motivated and flexible individual looking to advance their career in a dynamic team. You will be involved in developing strong working relationships with local clients and help us grow our business throughout the region.
You will join a pro-active team that provides a full range of traffic engineering technical services and undertakes a wide range of projects for local government clients both in the region and for key clients nationally.
AECOM is passionate about bringing global knowledge and experience to bear at a local level. As a result a requirement of the role is to be flexible to support project delivery across the business and in different geographies as the need dictates.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle. You will also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year.
- Oversee the preparation of feasibility, preliminary and detailed designs and/or associated modelling for traffic engineering schemes.
- Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief, checking the work of junior staff as appropriate.
- Oversee the preparation of detailed technical reports, providing specialist technical contributions as required.
- Work within time and financial constraints.
- Following successful training and accreditation on the AECOM project management system, act as a Project Manager including financial monitoring.
Contribution to work winning:
- Through design team meetings, use existing or establish strong working relationships with local clients in the Yorkshire / North East region, acting as the key point of contact for meetings and client liaison for projects.
- Develop strong working relationships with other internal teams within AECOM’s Transportation division.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed proposals, client briefs and fee proposals for approval by senior colleagues and contribute to major bids as required.
Staff development / mentoring:
- Assist in the development and career progression of junior members of staff.
- Promote a health and safety focused culture by undertaking mandatory duties, ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members, and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design.
- Post graduate experience in the Traffic Engineering discipline.
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in developing strong internal and external client relationships
- A successful track record in the management and delivery of a portfolio of traffic engineering and local highway projects, including an ability to effectively manage project commercial risks.
- An ability to demonstrate experience and expertise in several of the following areas:
- Traffic engineering/management design
- Infrastructure for cyclists and pedestrians
- Traffic signal design and commissioning
- Bus priority and BRT
- Traffic signing and wayfinding
- Parking, road safety and public transport design
- Traffic Regulation Orders and parking
- Traffic modelling software including:
- Good understanding of the use of VISSIM, ideally with Vis-Vap/COM, LinSig and/or TRANSYT
- Ability to interrogate modelling outputs and assess scheme impacts
- Knowledge of model audit processes
- Knowledge of traffic data collection requirements and techniques
- Experience of model calibration and validation techniques and criteria
- Awareness of strategic modelling software and transport model hierarchy
- Preliminary and detailed design including 3D design and local roads/highway design
- Applying relevant design standards including good working knowledge of DMRB
- Good report writing skills including the preparation of technical reports and checking work/specifications prepared by junior staff
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Evidence of project/task management and client-facing work including client and stakeholder liaison
- Technical development and motivation of junior staff.
Whilst not essential any of the following skills would be desirable:
- Specialist traffic engineering knowledge
- Urban Design / Streetscape
- Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE2)
- CSCS Card holder.
- A relevant Engineering degree and be a Chartered Engineer or well progressed in working towards an appropriate.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Transportation
Business Line Transportation
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 230495BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- 3d design
- ms project