- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £16.33 gross per hour
- WHITECHAPEL, LONDON BOROUGH OF TOWER HAMLETS UNITED KINGDOM
Seasonal Work – £16.33 per hour
Exams Commence in January, March, April, and November. Summer exams occur May-early July.
Monday to Friday
Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools are looking for individuals interested in seasonal work through the busy exam periods listed above to assist as Senior Exam Invigilators. It is essential that you are able to work at these times.
You must have good spoken and written English as you will not only be supervising the students you will also be leading a team of invigilators and be required to give instructions to students. You will also need to be in good health and as you will be spending long periods standing.
The work is paid on an hourly basis and you will be required for a mix of sessions, mornings, afternoons and all day sessions.
You will need to be available from 8am for morning sessions and from noon* for afternoon sessions. *pm sessions vary during internal/external exams.
This job would, therefore, not be suitable for people who have other commitments at these times.
You do not need to be a practicing Catholic to apply.
You will be required to:
• Have experience of working with teenagers/young adults (Desirable but not essential)
• An understanding of how to manage behavior in a positive way
• The ability to be flexible
• Lead and conduct examinations
• Able to follow and give instructions
• Ability to lead and work as part of a team
• Reliability and punctuality
• Ability to keep calm under pressure
• Common sense and initiative
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Attend training as required
Experience of invigilation is preferred but not essential as training in the role and duties of an invigilator will be provided
How to Apply:
To apply, please request an application form from Ellie Field at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a direct permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Closing Date: Thursday 12 December 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews: Monday, 16 December 2019
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Ellie Field c/o Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools
352 Commercial Road, London, E1 0LB
T: 020 7259 8770