- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- BA/BS required
- ACCA, ACA, and CIMA or similar credentials
- Relevant accounting experience (public accounting /industry mix preferred)
- Exposure to operational accounting concepts of inventory, procurement, payables, receivables, and revenue
- Demonstrated ability participating in milestone driven projects
- Desire to exceed expectations and drive positive change in the organization Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational, project management skills, and information technology aptitude
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Accounting organisation. As key member of the UK and Global Accounting team, this individual will be based in London. A successful candidates in this position will have demonstrable experience with financial reporting, system and process design, project management and internal control related responsibilities.
This position supports and can directly influence the launches of some of Amazon’s newest global business initiatives in the consumer products and automation of underlying processes. This leader will work closely with the global financial systems teams, accounting operations teams, tax and others and represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders. As a member of a project team, the position will require partnering with operational accounting and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development.
Candidates will work in a fast-paced environment, manage through ambiguity and complexity whilst supporting multiple, simultaneous project launches impacting the global accounting organization. This position is expected to have sufficient finance/accounting experience to help the new business launch team identify and incorporate necessary reporting, have a solid understanding of computing system interaction and can identify internal control elements into systems or tools to support new business activities. This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership.
Successful candidates for this positon will have extensive professional experience in similar positions in larger public companies or public accounting firm. Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
Scope / Key responsibilities
- Work independently to lead and provide project support to Amazon's business and development teams with the design of new products or offerings and set-up of financial systems to ensure appropriate business support and controllership.
- Deliver complex cross functional projects
- Identify and communicating project risks to senior leadership, along with clear recommendations for resolution or mitigation.
- Have direct responsibility and ownership in executing large scale process improvement opportunities within new business launches and existing processes and controls, including defining scope, goals and deliverables in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- Identify, develop and transition new processes to support month-end general ledger close activities, monthly account reconciliations and reviews, and preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs.
- Coordinate with the global accounting teams to establish and maintain strong communication channels.
- Monitoring quality to ensure standards are maintained.
- Experience with large scale project management
- Experience with translating accounting conclusions into operational processes
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operation and accounting challenges
- Experience of system and process design
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Proven ability to influence and make an impact
- Excellent analytical skills