- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Fund and ETF Product Specialist - 90224987
Posting Range:3 Apr 2019 - 1 May 2019
Senior Fund and ETF Product Specialist
An exciting opportunity for a seasoned Fund and ETF Product specialist which will allow you to make significant contributions to the distribution and selection activities for Fund and ETF products through global distribution channels of Private Bank & Overseas Services. Funds and ETFs represent a core component of the client offering and a significant growth opportunity for the business. The team deliver a high standard of service to clients and internal stakeholders, meeting performance objectives
What will you be doing?
• Driving the product distribution of Funds and ETFs by developing and maintaining marketing materials and providing expert support to distribution activities
• Ensuring the Fund and ETF products distributed are selected appropriately and in line with internal due diligence procedures and client needs and identify new product ideas
• Managing new third party funds undergoing both initial and on-going IDD and ODD tracking, maintaining service levels and monitor rating changes
• Reviewing and improve product processes, ensuring controls and acting as an escalation point for any control issues or governance decisions and identify and respond to risk events
• Managing the contributions of relevant infrastructure functions, and ensure successful implementation with each distribution channel, contribute to development of the platform
• Growing the Funds and ETFs business in line with business objectives, leading new business initiatives to support growth and improve profitability
• Maintaining strong relationships with distribution partners including private bankers and investment advisors with focus on Private Bank
What we’re looking for:
• Subject matter expertise and coach to less experienced team members within private banking overseas services
• Several years of experience of Funds and ETFs, product distribution channels (Investment Advisory, portfolio management) Control Delivery, Marketing and Investment Strategy
• Strong collaboration with all infrastructure areas and internal stakeholders
• Experience working with Product teams within private bank and the investment bank to work on strategic developments, regulatory change and global projects
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Superior influencing and negotiating skills and strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a dynamic team environment
• Knowledge of competitors and the industry is required, what are the current trends in the industry in order to have a complete knowledge of the business
• Technical expertise of the Fund and ETF products industry and a proven track record in multi-asset portfolio construction, designing portfolio processes
• Educated to a degree level or experience working in Financial Services and qualification (CFA, MBA, MiF)
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.