- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ERSG are searching for one consultant who will be working as Senior Geophysicist (Senior Geophysical Assessments Engineer)
* Objective of the role is to aid the project Geophysical Lead in the co-ordination of the continued development of the ground model for the array area, integrating seabed geology datasets with sub-bottom profiler and UHRS data for the upper 100 m below seabed. In addition, role will be to provide support in the planning and management of survey operations for several overlapping survey campaigns in the area.
* Day-to-day co-ordination and alignment with key stakeholders both internal and external will form a significant element of this role as well as some data and end-deliverable QA. Some travel to office and vessel meetings will be required. Survey type will range from standard geophysical for renewables, to UXO, to UHRS survey.
* For the role, presence in the office in London is expected (due to COVID-19 to be further agreed with Employer).
Qualification of Candidate
* Geophysical Engineer or similar with experience in marine geoscience and ground model development.
* Experience of technical elements of survey planning and support of operations/logistics. Data and deliverable QA from a range of MBES, SSS, SBP and MAG systems.
* Experience of ground model development and maturation, integrating surface, shallow sub-surface and UHRS (down to 100 m below seabed) geophysical datasets. Familiarity with UHRS processing techniques to support processing and interpretation QA, ensuring high-level of quality and consistency across submissions would be beneficial.
* Required software knowledge: ArcMap, Global Mapper, Oasis Montaj, SonarWiz, IHS Kingdom
About the company