- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Is it your desire to be part of a premier group of technology specialists that can make the difference within Citi?
This position, “Senior Major Incident Manager" will grant you a superb career opportunity by owning and driving the activities related to the Major Incident Management (IcM) process for Citi’s franchise critical applications and business services. You will collaborate directly with our business and client facing partners through your leading, commanding, and controlling major incidents where financial, reputational, and/or legal/regulatory impact to Citi exists.
How do we make a difference? By understanding and becoming intimately familiar with Citi's many lines of business including customer segment and franchise critical services and developing a keen understanding of the applications and infrastructure components that support those business and technology functions, making our group a valuable contributor for the organization by minimizing impact and time to restore business services.
Your primary remit will be to lead and steer the course of our enterprise teams in support of resolving unplanned service interruptions and restoring service to our internal / external clients as rapidly as possible. One of the core benefits of joining our team is you will have the opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge on a multitude of product and service offerings across the franchise and communicate with executive C-level management during the course of these events. This is one of the few core functions at Citi where this degree of Enterprise level engagement exists.
Will you be making important and meaningful decisions in this role that will have positive impact in Citi?
Yes! That is a constant in our group, you will show the team your extensive major/enterprise incident management experience and/or a deep and wide understanding/knowledge of the organization / businesses, to influence elite ‘specialists’ in multiple disciplines and areas of expertise (business and/or platform aligned) to drive actions to quickly remediate services.
You as a senior member of the department should also come to Citi equipped with broad knowledge and experience on any number of business and enterprise technologies such as treasury and trading platforms, payment systems, digital banking, distributed services (server and database), network, mainframe, middleware (message queues, ESBs), storage, web architecture, and virtualization. These are just a few examples for illustrative purposes and we know that individual experience will vary.
You will be a highly vocal constituent and representative of our business partners and should be prepared to challenge yourself to enhance our Incident Management function, processes and procedures to ensure end-to-end service quality and “industry-best” customer service.
What do we need from our partners fitting this position?
You will have strong support from our diverse panel of team members responsible like you for leading core and management activities and procedures with the highest degree of service. Some of the specific activities that the Senior Incident Manager engage on will include:
- Triage all the appropriate support teams for expedite troubleshooting within a technical bridge and business bridges
- Ensuring all senior roles and accountabilities responsible for assessing business impact and restoring service are represented and taking prescribed action
- Providing frequent and meaningful business/client-centric executive summaries to our senior business and technology leaders
- Severity (Impact / Urgency) and Priority determination based on situational appraisal and extracted information from our partner functions
- Maintaining a heightened level of sensitivity to future business impact and risk to customers/stakeholders
- Acting in a leadership style capacity and having general oversight on our most significant Major Incident events
- Provide and documenting input for Root Cause Analysis
- Handle Executive calls to keep our senior leadership updated as needed
The ideal associate for our agile family of experts needs to know about:
- Enterprise incident control experience across several IT disciplines
- A fundamental and/or real-world understanding of the Banking / Financial industry with a heavy focus on Markets and Treasury / Trade Services
- Working knowledge of Retail / Commercial / Digital banking preferred but not required
- Knowledge and experience working with a wide-range of enterprise technologies, including but not limited to Distributed services (UNIX, LINUX, Windows, AS400, etc…), SQL and Oracle database architecture, Network infrastructure, Telephony infrastructure, Mainframe hardware and platforms, Middleware, Storage, cloud-based file sharing, Proxy servers, web architecture and various virtualization infrastructure.
- Working knowledge and experience with Enterprise Service Management (ESM) platforms such as ServiceNow
Some of the soft skills / abilities required for you to be successful in this role include:
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Deductive Reasoning
- Leadership – Capacity, Capability, and Competency (“Leaders inspire other to take action”)
- Commanding presence
- Active and Agile Listening
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and attitude to “control the chaos”
- Ability and confidence to act decisively and take constructive feedback onboard
- Exercise influence over a wide variety of individuals at all levels of technical & business leadership
- Ability to multi-task and make good judgments in a dynamic and high impact environment.
- Ability to challenge the assumptions and information that does not reflect accurately the situation at hand
- Excellent phone / video presence and verbal / written communication skills
- Strong relationship management and client centric mindset
- Ability to learn, develop and execute quickly.
- Providing shift coverage in a 24x7x365 operational team. Work life balance is important to us but there will be times when extra effort will be required to ensure continuity and client experience
- Collaborate with local, regional, and global family of partners to share knowledge of people, process, and technology.
- Ensure all Major Incidents are communicated in executive technology and business-centric terms
- Identify opportunities for improving our process in the pursuit of being “Faster, Better, and Cheaper”
- Help establish, cultivate, and grow nurturing relationships with global business and technology organizations
- Improve technology, business unit, and organizational knowledge
- Help build close relationships with partner functions like App Dev/Dev Ops, Production Support and Process teams (e.g., Problem and Change Management)
- Strong formation in running incidents / situations / crisis events in a large, complex enterprise environment
- Broad technical experience – preferably in leadership or a domain expert role in an application support or infrastructure organization
- Experienced interacting with High Touch / VIP customers and service delivery functions
- Demonstrable understanding of ITIL methodology and demonstrated proficient in the ITIL v3 framework
- Experience working in an IT Operations Command Center or Network Operations Center (NOC) for large enterprises
- University undergraduate BS/BA degree preferred but should not discourage those with having the relevant soft skills and on the job experience from applying
- Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese a plus
------------------------------------------------- Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------ Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.