- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Pearson, we’re committed to the world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We have a fantastic opportunity available to join our Investigations team as a Senior Investigator, based in our offices in central London.
Key Role-Specific Deliverables
- Provide leadership and support to Investigators within the Investigations team to ensure investigations are pursued in a timely, effective and compliant manner.
- Monitor the conduct of specified types of investigations to assist Head of Investigations in ensuring all investigations are conducted appropriately.
- Provide training to support the Investigations Team and other departments, where necessary.
- Assist the Head of Investigations in the resolution of investigations, development of working practices and reporting of data.
- Assist other teams in the Business Improvement and Regulation (BIR) division as and when necessary.
Key People Services Deliverables
- Keep the customer at the heart of all we do
- Shape internal infrastructure to respond to external trends
- Improve process and service efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain the highest level of quality and standards
- Proactively contribute to a high performing Services Team
- Drive and improve personal performance
Key Customers & Stakeholders
- Head of Investigations (line manager)
- Director of BIR
- Other teams and staff within BIR, Vocational Qualification Assessment (VQA), General Qualification Assessment (GQA) and Centre Management Team
- Heads of Centre and centre staff
- Regulators (Ofqual, SQA and the Welsh government) and other external stakeholders
Previous Work Experience
- Working in an investigative role
- Working in the education sector
- Previous experience of writing reports
- Experience of researching and reviewing data and information to draw conclusions /team leader experience
- Organising own workload to manage multiple high priority tasks
- Working to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising verbally and in writing with a range of external customers and stakeholders regarding complex or sensitive issues
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- You will ideally have a Bachelors degree
Systems, Tools & IT Literacy
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to quickly learn company software packages
- Familiarity with more complex functions of MS Excel to manipulate data
- 37.5 hour core working week
- Overtime is available during peak periods
- Flexible working pattern available
- During peak times of activity there are restrictions on leave - especially May - August each year
- Some weekend work may be required
- May be required to undertake centre visits at very short notice
- Salary circa £38,000
- Annual pay review
- Annual bonus
- Competitive pension scheme
- Other staff benefits
- You must submit a CV and a cover letter detailing how you will meet the Key Challenges and Person Profile
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 9, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1914609
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.