- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £49,000.00 - £54,000.00 gross per year
- South Gloucestershire
Linux Systems Engineer
£49-54k + Excellent Package
An experienced Linux Systems Engineer is required to join a rapidly expanding team in a global market leader in Gloucester.
The successful candidate will join an established team responsible for operating, improving and developing local and global platforms. You will be responsible for resolving issues whilst also proposing and implementing technical solutions and platform improvements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build and implement new infrastructure solutions
- Implement improvements to existing platforms
- Make recommendations for improvements
- Assist junior team members as required
- Test and document new solutions as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proven Linux experience from a 3rd Line Support, Development or Operations background
- Be experienced with RedHat, DentOS or Debian
- Have good knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet
- Have experience with MySQL
- Demonstrate scripting experience with Bash / Python / Perl
- Be an excellent trouble-shooter - looking to continuously improve the systems you work on
- Love a challenge and be looking for a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference
- Have a passion for Open Source software
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a key part of a highly successful team where you will enjoy a great package, fantastic working environment, and global progression opportunities.
Apply today for immediate consideration.